The Pistons didn’t start off the second half of their season on a good note. With back-to-back games against the Bobcats, a team they are fighting for the last playoff spot in the Eastern Conference, Detroit handed them game one on their home court. Detroit will try to bounce back from the 108-96 loss to with a win in Charlotte on Wednesday night.
- What makes it worse it that if the final Playoff spot comes down to the Pistons and the Bobcats Detroit will have to finish ahead of Charlotte in the standings since the loss sealed the season series in the Bobcats favor.
- The first quarter did the Pistons in. They trailed by 11 points and could never make up the difference.
- When Rodney Stuckey struggles, so does this team. Stuckey shot just 1-of-11 from the floor in close to 18 minutes.
- Detroit’s bench scored just 13 points on the night.
- Al Jefferson made Greg Monroe look like a high school player. Jefferson led all scorers with 32 points, 12 boards and seven assists.
- Brandon Jennings led the Pistons with 24 points on 7-of-18 shooting with seven assists in 38 minutes on the floor. It was Brandon’s three that helped Detroit get within striking distance with five minutes left on the clock to make it 81-89, but Charlotte struck right back with a McRoberts three and never looked back.
- Andre Drummond finished with 22 rebounds, tying his career high and added 16 points and two blocked shots. Drummond’s 40th double-double is an Eastern Conference best and the most by a Piston since Grant Hill’s 44 double-doubles in 1995-96. He should break that record in about five games.
- The Pistons never led. The Bobcats led by as much as 19.
- Singler, who scored 13 points said they treated this game like a Playoff Game. If that’s the case let’s hope they don’t even make it to the post-season.
- Highlight via NBA.com
- The rematch Wednesday night should be interesting.
I like Singler and his work ethic. Moose needs to step up. He clearly got overshadowed yesterday, and Josh Smith was well Josh Smith again….
Are we going to see a trade? I get a feeling either Monroe or Josh Smith are gonna be gone.