It was nice to see the #Pistons notch a 115-110 win over the Philadelphia 76ers on Sunday evening at the Palace of Auburn Hills. What was even better than the win was the total domination by Andre Drummond, who had a stat line reminiscent of Hakeem Olajuwon.
According to ESPN, Drummond was the first player to hit the 31-19-6 trifecta or better since Hakeem Olajuwon did it 23 years ago. Drummond wasn’t swept away by joining such exclusive company. He also joins Charles Barkley as the only player since 1973-74 to score 30-plus points, grab 18-plus rebounds and get five-plus steals with 80 percent shooting in a game. Via Pistons.com
- Detroit won a game they were supposed to against a Sixers team that was built to tank the season.
- Punk move from Sixers head coach Brett Brown by going to the Hack a Drummond strategy early in the third quarter when they were down by almost 20. I understand doing it in a close game when Dre was unstoppable, but really? They’re tanking and its the third quarter. Cheeks had to pull Dre in the third and when he returned in the fourth he started making his free throws.
- Cheeks pulled Dre with plenty of time left i the fourth quarter to get his 20th board.
Maurice Cheeks: “I wouldn’t put anyone back in the game to get a milestone, if you’re good enough to get a milestone, you’ll get it again.”
- Detroit’s outside shot were going in on Sunday night. The Pistons hit all six of their three-point attempts in the first quarter.
- Andre put up a huge game and they don’t even run plays for the kid.
- Josh Smith scored 20 points on 8-of-14 shooing and make three from downtown. Pistons fan need to realize that he’s always going to take the shots you don’t want him to, but sometimes he’ll make them. He added five assists and three blocked shots on the night.
- Not sure what Jonas has or has not been doing in practice, but we saw him early in the game.
- Greg Monroe surprising got tossed for two technical fouls on the night. One in which he was assessed while sitting on the sideline out of the game. The ref must have had a bad day because Greg is not one to complain so I have no idea what he said to get tossed. He finished the game early with seven points and 10 boards.
- It was clearly Andre’s Day. He was everywhere and the Sixers had no answer for him. If the NBA doesn’t take notice of Andre’s play then all they are worried about are players that put money in their pockets. He’s been compared to Dwight Howard, to me he’s got a more complete game.
- Sheed is doing his job well.
Mo Cheeks: “Drummond has gotten a lot better with post moves, he’s getting better with rebounding the ball, better overall of understanding the game, and a lot of that is due to Rasheed. Rasheed is actually a joy to be around.” via Philly.com
- Andre Drummond and Jennings had double-doubles by halftime.
- Andre’s Highlights via Pistons.com
- The Pistons had their highest scoring half with 70 points to take a 24 point lead at halftime.
- It was frustrating to watch Detroit let the Sixers back in the game. They got as close at 10 points, but thankfully they put them away.
- Are you voting for Andre and Greg?
- Tuesday in Miami.
i really love jj. i wish he play more.
the east is so bad we can get up to the thired seed we just have to play good- better FT, better D ,less TO, MORE MOSS’S touches on offence and no j smith.
i would really love to this 5 starting for dp:
and i don’t like stucky he only playes great now because it’s a contract year . where was he at the last few years
if i was the gm i would have sent stuckey bynum cv and smith away.
and fire cheeks- he dosn’t know how to coach and he dosn’t know how to speak.
but thank god for the andre the giant.
Moose* sorry had to.