The Oklahoma City Thunder made it nine in a row against the Pistons thanks to 37 points from Kevin Durant. Big games from Greg Monroe and Josh Smith helped keep up the fight for Detroit, but the Thunder were just too much. Key Points:
- Drummond, who got into foul trouble was really a non-factor. Dre with just four points and three boards in 23 minutes.
- Jennings and Monroe with double-doubles.
- Brandon Jennings was 7-for-17 and 4-of-10 from downtown. He still seems to be learning how to play with his teammates, but he sure did seem to know where and when to get his teammates the ball. He had 11 assists on the night, a stat that hopefully the Pistons can count on.
- Chauncey struggled again going 1-of-6 for just four points.
Chauncey Billups: “I love our fight, us not giving up, our goal is to get on those guys’ level, play that kind of basketball. Those teams have been together quite some time and experience is the best teacher. So you’re going to take some lumps every now and then and lose some games you’re supposed to win against some good teams, because they’re just more experienced.”
- Rodney Stuckey with another great game with 17 points, three assists and two boards in 23 minutes. I wouldn’t be surprised if he gets the starting nod soon.
- Detroit got a little from Gigi Datome besides a pretty sweet behind the back dribble and assist , he was 2-of-5 for six points in 12 minutes. When Cheeks put in Caldwell-Pope in the fourth to get the outside shot going for Detroit he didn’t do much either.
- Great night for Josh Smith who seems to be fitting in well with his new team. Smith led the Pistons with 25 points, eight boards, two assists, a steal and a blocked shot in 33 minutes.
- Greg Monroe is making sure the league knows he’s worth a max-contract. Another double-double for Moose with 20 points, 15 boards, two steals, three assists and three blocked shots. Greg is really putting on a show.
Highlights via NBA.com
- It’s promising that this team can hold their own with NBA contenders, but it’s clear that this team needs to learn how to get over that hump and win. That’s what great teams do, and when they get a taste of how to do it while gelling together they will be a force.
- Detroit is off on a Western trip that should prove a big test.
- Portland on Monday, Golden State on Tuesday, The Kings on Friday and they will finish off at the Staples Center to take on the Lakers on Sunday.
Pistons Highlights and Post Game Video via Pistons.com
I know it’s early, they haven’t gelled and what not, but I think Greg’s value is pretty high right now. There’s only one guy they could realistically get that I’d go for. I’d trade Moose to the the spurs for Leonard and change. IF it’s necessary to make a trade.
we have the talent. all about execution now, and that is on Mo getting the players to buy into his system. I am giving him the usual 3 month waiting period before I want to throw him in a fire.