The #Pistons once again could not convert down the stretch as they lost their 52nd game of the season to the Timberwolves 101-107 in Minneapolis. Don’t think they didn’t have a chance though, a Brandon Knight driving layup with 20 seconds left on the clock had the Pistons within two points (101-103). Detroit had to foul and the Timberwolves free throws were made leading to another Piston loss.
- The officiating was very noticeably swallowing whistles, so much so that it got rough towards the end of the game. Late in the fourth quarter Pekovic clocked Brandon Knight so hard to the ground with not so much as a glance from the officials that he went to the bench on the next play to get his mask to protect himself. One thing I love about Knight is that he doesn’t back down and he plays all out every time he hits the floor.
- Another game and another stepping stone to Andre Drummond’s productivity. Drummond finished with nine points, a steal, three blocked shots and 10 boards in 30 minutes on the floor. He’s young, he’s smart and I wouldn’t want to be on the end of this stare…ever.
Photo Getty Images Editing Need4Sheed.com
“They are a physical team, that is how they get their wins. They try to beat people up to get their Ws. We did what we needed to do, but we just couldn’t pull it out at the end.” Via Pistons.com
- If this is the real Rodney Stuckey, where the heck has he been? Stuckey with another fantastic game dropping 20 points, 4 assists and wight boards in 27 minutes off the bench for Detroit.
- Everyone with turnover issues in this one. I can’t ever imagine the championship Pistons teams turning the ball over into the double digits let alone giving it away 24 times in a game.
- Take care of the ball!
- Brandon Knight led all scorers with 25 points, two steals, six assists and two boards in 40 minutes on the floor, not to mention standing up to a oafish Pekovic after he set one two many screens on him.
- Jerebko keeps playing hard and keeps making it hard not to give him minutes.
- I like the way he plays, but Kyle Singler is not a starter in this league…yet.
- Monroe with 16 points and six boards.
- Highlights via NBA.com
[flashvideo file=http://nba.cdn.turner.com/nba/big/games/timberwolves/2013/04/06/0021201141-det-min-recap.nba_nba_576x324.flv /]
- Didn’t the Pistons learn from the last time they played the worst three-point shooting team in the league? This team needs a ton of work on the defensive end.
- It’s pretty obvious that this team is going to look very different come next season.
- The Bulls Sunday at the Palace is likely to be the Pistons 53rd loss.
didnt watch the game but have to say one thing that 3 time bumper brandon on pek-man was clearly brandons fault i mean what i saw was brandon tryin to break the screen against guy who s 3 times weight as he is wich is funny and also a+ for brandon trying but u cant move the rock and pek-man is not rude player as far as i know with no incindents or makin dirty plays like that in usa or europe so i dont thik it was anything harsh from both of them just makin statements on court thats all
btw am i the only one that pekovic looks like that villain from superman 2?roflol
i mean just check what that idiot hollins from clipers did to dragic from suns the other night now THAT deserved a smack