The #Pistons finished off their four game West coast trip better than they started it. Unfortunately the end result was just the same Saturday night in Portland as Detroit tied it’s seasons worst eight game losing streak with a 112-101 loss to the Trail Blazers.
- Detroit played well and had a 57-52 at the half. Too bad LaMarcus Aldridge decided his team was not going down to the Pistons. Aldridge put up 31 points, with 12 boards and his teammate J.J. Hickson added a 18 point, and 15 board double-double for the Trail Blazers.
- It figures that a stat like this went against Detroit Saturday night. Portland was 0-for-14 against opponents shooting better than 50 percent this season. Detroit finished the game shooting 52.6 percent on the night.
- Singler has been having a tough time of it lately, but this reverse was nice. Singler finished just 2-of-10 on the night for four points zero boards, zero steals, zero blocks, and zero assists in 40 minutes on the floor.
[flashvideo file=http://nba.cdn.turner.com/nba/big/games/blazers/2013/03/16/0021200984-det-por-play3.nba_nba_576x324.flv /]
- I though Jose would have a breakout game since he hasn’t been playing Jose-like lately. He finished with 13 points, five assists, four boards, two steals and just one turnover in just 24 minutes. The problem was that Bynum was hot so Jose sat most of the second half.
- Will was Bynumite with 23 points and led Detroit on a 10-0 run in the fourth quarter getting them within two points with a little over two minutes left in the game. Will was 10-of-14 with 4 assists, a steal and two turnovers.
- Monroe 5-of-9 on the night for 14 points, nine boards and six assists.
- I should call out Stuckey more often. Rodney has played his best basketball all season long the past three games. Rodney led all scorers with a season best 32 points on 12-of-23 shooting with three boards in 39:55 minutes on the floor. He’s got the talent that’s for sure, he just needs to be consistent.
- Stuckey sustained a deep cut when he butted heads with Lillard. He had to get stitches after the game.
- Detroit played well, but two things are clear. Detroit needs better defense and they need to learn how to close out games.
- You can’t let a team go on a 20-5 run and expect to win.
- Maxiell with 10 points and five boards.
- Charlie V with just six minutes and one point.
- Highlights via NBA.com
[flashvideo file=http://nba.cdn.turner.com/nba/big/games/blazers/2013/03/16/0021200984-det-por-recap.nba_nba_576x324.flv /]
- Detroit relied mostly on their starters. Besides Bynum Detroit’s bench scored just five points.
- All five Portland starters in double figures.
- The Pistons biggest lead was 11 and Portland’s was 12.
- I’m guessing the Pistons will shut down Andre Drummond for the season.
- Monday at home against the Nets and then back on the road for a Friday game with Miami and a Saturday in Charlotte.