The #Pistons lost their sixth consecutive game losing to the Jazz 90-103 Monday night in Utah. To make things a little bit worse for Detroit, Brandon Knight went down early in the first quarter with a sprained left ankle and never returned.
- You have to feel for Knight, who was all over sports media when he got posterized by DeAndre Jordan just the day before. When he went down it looked extremely bad as he had to be helped off the court. Knight thought it was much worse than just a sprained ankle initially.
“To be honest with you, I wasn’t sure, normally, when I sprain my ankle, I have the power to at least walk off the court. I turn ’em and I can walk it off. But this one, the pain wasn’t going away and I couldn’t put any pressure on it.” Via Pistons.com
- No word on how long Knight will be out.
- It looked like Greg Monroe’s comments about his team not playing hard or caring after Sunday nights lost to the Clippers seemed to work. Though they didn’t get the win they sure didn’t give up. They trailed by 18 in the second but rallied back to get within five points with just a few minutes left in the ball game.
- Greg added another double-double to his totals for the year finishing with 15 points, 13 boards, three assists and a locked shot in 41 minutes on the floor.
- Jerebko and Stuckey each had 15 for Detroit.
- Speaking of Stuckey, he finally hit a shot. Rodney was 6-of-10 for 15 with four boards, two assists, and two steals in 35 minutes on the floor. Too bad he’s been the invisible man most of the past two seasons.
Photo Getty Images Editing Need4Sheed.com
- Mo Williams led all scorers with 20 points. Quite honestly, I didn’t even know he was still in the league.
- Khris Middleton with 12 points in 24 minutes on the floor all from behind the three-point line. He’s been quite a surprise this season, doing everything asked of him when he gets minutes.
- Detroit has now lost 15 straight road games.
- Highlights via NBA.com
[flashvideo file=http://nba.cdn.turner.com/nba/big/games/jazz/2013/03/11/0021200945-det-uta-recap.nba_nba_576x324.flv /]
- I’m really hoping that Detroit can keep Jose, unless some miracle happens in the Draft Lottery. Calderon with another solid game finishing with 14 points, seven assists and two steals.
- Detroit shot 60.9 percent in the third quarter and scored 33 points.
- Jerebko making a solid case for a rotation spot.
- Will Bynum with 12 points on 4-of-11 shooting in 19 minutes.
- Charlie V 1-of-7 shooting for two points.
- Golden State on Wednesday night.
The Pistons are tough to watch right now. They are currently ranked 3rd and 4th worst team in the league by the ESPN ranking gurus.
I think that is about right. We will past up by most of the teams in the Western conference by the end of the year.
I’d say the coaching these past few games has been good though.
Too bad Slava isn’t having any success. With Monroe now clearly being a 4, Dre is the only 5 on the roster. The pistons need a back up center. Seeing JJ(really a 3) and CV(a stretch 4) playing the 4 and 5 isn’t pretty. and Look at the floor when CV takes his threes – with no inside option he is fully challenged, and so are his teammates, and absolutely no piston in there even close to rebounding.
The way this team looks now, Dre will make a serious name for himself fast. I’ll enjoy looking and the product will be somewhat entertaining again.But the pistons still won’t win.
Calderon is looking worse and worse every game. Are the pistons making him bad?
What is the identity of this team?
unfortunately to me it seems this team has no identity rebuild lasts 8 years and very few points look like light in the end of tunnel in my opinion pistons should cut all the bad seed from the root this summer in any way possible even if it means getting some of people that need special care on the floor (ugly and unpolite but true) half of this team needs to be ran over and driven out of organization still dont know if its possible but the way i see it it can only be worse not better charlie v,stuckey,mybe even knight not sure about him he really goes on my nerves but then he strucks me with little light like tryin to stop that dunk of deandre but then againstuckey does the same shit and i still want him outhell i d sweep over entire team but moose andre and calderon (yes jj included) but i know thats not realistic but as far as i see a lot of trades and amnestys should do the trick and nothing else