On his first night back after sitting three games with a hyper-extended knee, Brandon Knight put up a career best 32 points to help the Detroit hold on and beat the Wizards 96-95 Wednesday night in Washington.
- Jose Calderon’s night was simply amazing, putting up 18 assists for Detroit. He almost pulled off a perfect game too by going into the final minute of the game with zero turnovers and his 18 assists.
“To understand the significance of that, consider: Since the 1985-86 season, when such records began being kept in necessary detail, there have been only 10 such games recorded in the NBA – and only one such game by a Piston, some guy named Isiah Thomas. Via Pistons.com”
- Unfortunately Jose gave up two turnovers in the final minute to slightly tarnish his monster night.
- The game really shouldn’t have come down to the final minutes as Detroit had the clear advantage going into the fourth quarter, but only scored 14 and gave up 27 points to the Wizards allowing them a chance to win.
- Credit another double-double to Greg Monroe, who put 26 with 11 boards and four steals on the night. It’s great to see Moose have such a monster game after looking a little out of sorts in Detroit’s last three losses.
- Maxiell with four points, three assists, four blocked shots and eight boards. His most important rebound coming in the late in fourth quarter helping Detroit keep afloat leading to a Singler basket.
- Boy did the Pistons sure miss Brandon Knight. A career high for Brandon who help put some pep in Detroit’s step all night long. His knee looked fine and so did his shot going 11-for-18 and making 5 of 6 from downtown.
Brandon Highlights via NBA.com
[flashvideo file=http://nba.cdn.turner.com/nba/big/games/wizards/2013/02/27/0021200854-det-was-play3.nba_nba_576x324.flv /]
- It’s nice to have seen Jose feeding Brandon rather than Knight trying to find everyone himself and then getting shots off.
- More defense please.
- Trevor Ariza got the Wizards within one, scoring eight straight points on consecutive 3-pointers and two free throws following a clear path foul from Will Bynum with 12.3 seconds left in the game. Is that needing defense or what?
- Kim English with 10 points in just 11 minutes on the floor.
- Highlights via NBA.com
[flashvideo file=http://nba.cdn.turner.com/nba/big/games/wizards/2013/02/27/0021200854-det-was-recap.nba_nba_576x324.flv /]
- Next up Friday in New Orleans, who took the Pistons to the woodshed last time around at the Palace.