The #Pistons lost to the Raptors Wednesday night 91-97 on a night that Toronto was without their two best players and a career high 35 points from Greg Monroe.
- It’s hard to win a game no matter who you’re playing when only one of player on your team scores in double figures.
- Letting Toronto shoot more than 60% from the floor until the mid fourth quarter when Frank decided to go zone is just miserable.
- Again, the Pistons hung right in there, but let the game slip away late in the fourth quarter allowing the Raptors their biggest lead (11) with less than five minutes to go.
- The crusher, however was when Rodney Stuckey had a costly turnover with 31 seconds left in the game at 91-87. He practically passed the ball to Amir Johnson, who was guarding Greg Monroe.
- Is it me, or does DeMar DeRozan always put up a good game against Detroit?
- Clearly what we always wanted to see from Greg Monroe. Nothing or nobody could stop him Wednesday night as she was scoring at will, especially in the paint. He scored 24 points in the second half alone on his way to a 35 point career high. He added 10 boards, two steals and two assist.
Photo/Getty Images editing Need4Sheed.com
- Calderon with 17 assists for the Raptors.
- Highlights via NBA.com
[flashvideo file=http://nba.cdn.turner.com/nba/big/games/raptors/2012/12/19/0021200366-det-tor-recap.nba_nba_576x324.flv /]
- Austin Daye with three points on the night on 1-for-6 shooting in 15 minutes on the floor. Are they trying to shop him? That’s the only explanation I can think of for his sudden appearance in the rotation.
- Looks like they’re not happy in Sweden – Thanks to Mathias in the comments for this link.
“Swedens biggest news paper are getting angry and mad at L. Frank to the like never write about NBA, but now on the first page in the sport page” http://www.aftonbladet.se/sportbladet/basket/nba/article15960016.ab
- Gross stat – the Pistons are 0-17 when going into the fourth quarter trailing.
- Singler and Prince with nine points each.
- Mr Drummond looked good again. Andre finished with six points, eight boards, a blocked shot and a steal in 20 minutes. He looks so uncomfortable at the line. If he can get his free throw percentage respectable, he’ll be unstoppable.
- Can we start point the finger at Frank or have we already?
- It may just turn out to be the end of he world on Friday night if I head out to the Palace and watch this team lose to the Wizards.