The #Pistons did their best to hang with the streaking Los Angeles Clippers Monday night at the Palace, but second half turnovers and sloppy play late in the game did them in. The 88-76 loss was the fifth in a row for Detroit and the 10th win of their streak for the Clippers, who were without two ex Pistons Chauncey Billups and Grant Hill.
- With Rodney Stuckey out (back spasms), Pistons fans got a chance to see Will Bynum who’s been a consistent DNP as well as Austin Day, who hasn’t had playing time since the last time the Pistons got blown out.
- Austin scored two points and grabbed two boards in 18 plus minutes on the floor.
- We all keep wondering why Jonas Jerebko hasn’t seen any time in a WHILE, but the fact that Daye played over him Monday night just makes me think something has got to be up with that. Did Jonas hit on Lawrence Frank’s wife or something?
- Love what Maxiell is doing this season, but someone please tell me why he played 25 minutes, while scoring just two points when Drummond was doing more than hold his own. Do you realize Andre didn’t play the last nine minutes of the game?
- It was an entertaining game and Detroit did pull within three points of the Clippers going into the fourth quarter, but you could just see that the Clippers weren’t going to give the game up.
- The Clippers went on a 12-2 run early in the third to go ahead 58-46 and never looked back.
- Greg Monroe with 11 points, seven boards and six assists. It wasn’t a double-double, but he payed solid and helped control high flying Blake Griffin.
- More and more questions about Lawrence Frank’s rotation after each game.
- Tayshaun Prince started the game hot and finished with 15 points, seven boards, 2 steals and a blocked shot in 36 minutes on the floor.
Photo/Getty Images editing Need4Sheed.com
- Brandon Knight led the team with 16 points, five assists and five turnovers. He did a nice job on Chris Paul who can be a nightmare to contain.
- With a minute left to go after a Brandon Knight free throw the Pistons had multiple chances at the rim to get the game within reach but noting would fall.
- If you watched you would have seen the last dunk that Black Griffin had after the game was all but over. I’m fine with the dunk, but I swear if it was a Piston that hung on the rim like that for no good reason that would have been a tech.
- Highlights via NBA.com
[flashvideo file=http://nba.cdn.turner.com/nba/big/games/pistons/2012/12/17/0021200352-lac-det-recap.nba_nba_576x324.flv /]
- Singler with 11 points, three boards, a steal and a blocked shot. He looked better Monday night than he has in a while.
- 7 blocked shots on the night for Detroit.
- The Clippers biggest lead was 12, the Pistons 6.
- Drummond played great putting up seven points, with six boards and 3 (should have been 4) blocked shots. He was even 3-for-4 from the line. Yes…he should have played more than 19:42.
- Will, we love ya and we are happy to see you out there on the court again, but quit forcing shots!
- Raptors next then a home and home with the Wizards should help.