It sure was looking like the #Pistons were going to get their first win Monday night. After having control most of the way, Detroit let the Thunder go on a 17-2 run to open the fourth quarter, wiping out an 11-point lead in what was clearly the best defensively played game all season. The Palace crowd could feel it, but a late turnovers and poor shot selection doomed the Pistons to a 92-90 loss.
- Give it up to Jason Maxiell who may not make the stat sheet explode, but if not for him Detroit wouldn’t have had a chance in this one. We may think he should be the first off the bench, but he’s showing us otherwise. Jason finished with 13 points, 7 boards and 3 blocked shots.
- Knight needs to make things right. His shot is off and he made some terrible decisions late in the game, even though he hit a critical 3-pointer in the final minutes to give the Pistons a 1-point lead. He shot just 2-of-13 for 8 points, with 6 assists and 4 boards. He did do a number on Westbrook making him take 25 shots to get to his game high 33.
- Through three quarters, Oklahoma City’s Kevin Durant and Russell Westbrook were shooting a combined 13 for 37.
- The crowd was willing the team to get the win. There may not have been a ton of people there on Monday night, but the ones that were there were loud and surprisingly proud.
- The next time I look over to the bench when there is less than a minute left in the game and the team is trying to figure out their play to win a much needed ball game and I see Charlie V and Austin Day laughing and making jokes on the sideline. I’m going Ron Artest and Stephen Jackson on them. This time I’m running down to the court not up in the stands. Nobody is laughing Austin and Charlie…the only thing that’s funny is that the two of you have a job.
- Drummond had a nice game with four points, six rebounds and two steals in 13 minutes.
[flashvideo file=http://nba.cdn.turner.com/nba/big/games/pistons/2012/11/12/0021200097-okc-det-play2.nba_nba_576x324.flv /]
- Rodney Stuckey led the Pistons with 19 points on 7-for-13 shooting. He’s got to do much more than sporadically put up points to get back in most of our good graces. I feel like we have been waiting and waiting for him to break out…how long do we have to wait? You realize it’s been six years now?
- Greg Monroe with 17 points, 6 boards, 2 assists and 4 steals. No twin towers sighing just yet, maybe we have to wait until they lose 15 game in a row before Frank will try it.
Photo/Getty Images editing Need4Sheed.com
- Highlights of the game via NBA.com
[flashvideo file=http://nba.cdn.turner.com/nba/big/games/pistons/2012/11/12/0021200097-okc-det-recap.nba_nba_576x324.flv /]
- This team is better than this, and they proved that they can play. They just have no idea how to win.
- Wednesday night in Philadelphia should be fun.