The Hawks snapped the #Pistons three game winning streak 101-96 Friday night in Atlanta. The playoff bound Hawks had their hands full at home with the now 21-34 Pistons in a game that was decided in the final minutes.
- Rodney Stuckey led the Pistons off the bench with 27 points on 8-for-22 shooting going 9-for-11 from the free throw line. Stuckey looks healthy and 29 minutes on the floor probably attests to that.
- Tayshaun Prince scored 10 points with 2 blocked shots, 2 assists and 5 boards in 31 minutes was a -30 in the +/-, but his posterizing dunk over Marvin Williams in the fourth quarter almost made up for that.
- Another night where the bench sparked the team. The group of Stuckey, Bynum, Jerebko, Ben Wallace and Damien Wilkins sparked an 11-0 run in the second quarter and a 9-0 run to open the fourth.
- Seven boards for Big Ben in 16 minutes.
- Defensive debacle, the Pistons allowed the Hawks 32 points in the paint by the half and 54 by the end of the game.
Greg Monroe: “We’ve got to do a better job of keeping them out of the paint, it’s simple. We can’t let them get easy buckets at the rim. It’s team defense. It’s something we still have to get better at. (Teague) had a big game tonight. It’s team defense. We have to keep working at it.”
- Jeff Teague and Josh Smith were all that the Hawks really needed. Teague scored 24 points and 11 assists and Smith with 22 points and 12 rebounds.
- Don’t think for a moment this was all Hawks, the Pistons 85-84 with 5 minutes left in the game.
- The Hawks biggest lead was 12, and the Pistons was 6.
- A combined 10 points from Jason Maxiell and Greg Monroe.
- Hawks scored 27 points of 17 Pistons turnovers.
- Highlights via NBA.com
[flashvideo file=http://nba.cdn.turner.com/nba/big/games/hawks/2012/04/06/0021100818_det_atl_recap.nba_nba_576x324.flv /]
- Bynum was a huge spark for Detroit putting up 15 points, with 4 boards in 26 minutes on the floor.
- Damion Wilkins also did a nice job in front of his uncle the Human Highlight film. Wilkins with 5 points, 3 boards and a blocked shot in 18 minutes.
- Brandon Knight with 13 points and 2 assists. Seems as though both he and Greg Monroe have been having a little bit of trouble since the all-star break. Neither of them are putting up the numbers they were to start the season.
- Despite the loss, you can see that the team is finding out how to win with whoever has the hot, or not so hot hand. Lets give some credit where credit is due. Did you think Lawrence Frank could make this team look this good after the start that they had?
- Miami on Easter Sunday, do I have to watch those three and their “fans” and ruin a perfectly good holiday?
How long before Stuck starts again and BG comes off the bench.
Bynum out of Frank`s doghouse and playing well.
CV31, Daye and Russell still in the doghouse.
1 game I hope
Im betting Stuckey starts against the Heat.
Yeah, the Heat tomorrow. Ugh. I don’t mind Chris Bosh so much, he doesn’t seem as smug and arrogant as the other two. I’d love it if the Pistons could beat ’em, but unless lightening strikes, think we’ll have to wait until next year.
no question we can beat the heat. Miami has had a target on their back all season, each game the opponents get up for them like no other game, like how the lakers used to be. It takes it’s toll, now that we are nearing the end of the season, if Detroit doesn’t win I think we’ll at least be in the game all 4 quarters.
The Heat have one of the best home records in the NBA this year (23-3).
Yet Miami is only 6-4 in their last 10 games, so the Pistons have a chance if we play our best.
Frank and the coaching staff will have to plan a way for the Pistons to stop their big 3.
By the way the number 8 pick has about a 3% chance of the number 1 pick and the number 10 pick has about a 1% chance. The Cavs will have 2 lottery picks this year.
Sorry Cleveland fans.
The CAVs have 2 first round picks. Their own is a lottery, the other will be a late 1st round pick from a trade with the Lakers.
Lets give some credit where credit is due. Did you think Lawrence Frank could make this team look this good after the start that they had?
I did ! LOL
And I wouldn’t say Russel, Daye,and CV are in the dog house. You have everyone else playing good ball right now. There’s always going to be players on any team not playing. I think because these players had roles in the past we think they should be playing like everyone else. Coach is playing those that are most consistent and play the way he wants until someone is hurt or someone’s play is hurting the team. That’s why it’s important for players to always stay ready. It’s called being a professional.