The Pistons added another one to the win column Tuesday night as they took on the short-handed Orlando Magic at the Palace of Auburn Hills. All Pistons starters plus Jonas Jerebko where in double figures in the 102-95 victory over a Magic team without Dwight Howard, Jameer Nelson and Ryan Anderson.
- No Rodney Stuckey for the Pistons, but Ben Gordon was back and he put up 18 points on 7-for-13 shooting starting in his place. Ben also grabbed 6 boards, with 7 assists, and 2 two steals on the night in one of his most complete games this season.
- Working as a team…25 assists on the night for Detroit.
- The game wasn’t easy, especially with Glen Davis scoring a career high 31 points and even knocking down a three in the closing minute of the game to make the finish interesting. There were 16 lead changes and eight ties in this one.
- Jason Maxiell going to work again. Jason put up 15 points, 7 boards, 2 assists, a steal and two blocked shots in 24 Energizer Bunny minutes on the floor.
- Mr. Greg Monroe led the Pistons 22 point, on 9-for-11 shooting with 11 boards. That makes it 26 double-doubles on the season.
- Brandon Knight had another tough night scoring going 5-for-12 for 11 points. Despite the lack of buckets, Brandon really drove the team when he was out there, even if the box score doesn’t show it.
- I really never get enough of a convincing jam from Jason Maxiell.
[flashvideo file=http://nba.cdn.turner.com/nba/big/games/pistons/2012/04/03/0021100795_orl_det_play1.nba_nba_576x324.flv /]
- The Pistons didn’t make it easy on themselves with three of Orlando’s starters out. They had a hard time with the Magic all night, never leading by more than five in the first half and failing to put them away after opening the third quarter on an 8-0 run.
- Jonas Jerebko really has found his stride coming off the bench for Detroit. Jonas scored 13 points with 5 boards and a steal in 20 minutes on the floor with just one foul.
Tayshaun Prince: “We were just moving the ball real effectively, moving their defense from one side to the other. Greg was doing a good job of getting the ball inside and making decisions. BG played a great all-around game coming off pick and rolls, making good reads. Just good all-around play by everybody. When you win, that’s how you want to play.”
- Daye and Villanueva a DNP coaches decision. Anyone else think this whole Charlie V think is suspicious?
- 22 points off of turnovers for the Magic.
Highlights of the game via NBA.com
[flashvideo file=http://nba.cdn.turner.com/nba/big/games/pistons/2012/04/03/0021100795_orl_det_recap.nba_nba_576x324.flv /]
- Tayshaun with 15 points, six boards and 3 assists. No two prettier than his dunk off a no-look pass from Will Bynum. Just check the highlights.
- Next up the Wizards on Thursday.