The Pistons added another one to the win column Tuesday night as they took on the short-handed Orlando Magic at the Palace of Auburn Hills. All Pistons starters plus Jonas Jerebko where in double figures in the 102-95 victory over a Magic team without Dwight Howard, Jameer Nelson and Ryan Anderson.
- No Rodney Stuckey for the Pistons, but Ben Gordon was back and he put up 18 points on 7-for-13 shooting starting in his place. Ben also grabbed 6 boards, with 7 assists, and 2 two steals on the night in one of his most complete games this season.
- Working as a team…25 assists on the night for Detroit.
- The game wasn’t easy, especially with Glen Davis scoring a career high 31 points and even knocking down a three in the closing minute of the game to make the finish interesting. There were 16 lead changes and eight ties in this one.
- Jason Maxiell going to work again. Jason put up 15 points, 7 boards, 2 assists, a steal and two blocked shots in 24 Energizer Bunny minutes on the floor.
- Mr. Greg Monroe led the Pistons 22 point, on 9-for-11 shooting with 11 boards. That makes it 26 double-doubles on the season.
- Brandon Knight had another tough night scoring going 5-for-12 for 11 points. Despite the lack of buckets, Brandon really drove the team when he was out there, even if the box score doesn’t show it.
- I really never get enough of a convincing jam from Jason Maxiell.
[flashvideo file=http://nba.cdn.turner.com/nba/big/games/pistons/2012/04/03/0021100795_orl_det_play1.nba_nba_576x324.flv /]
- The Pistons didn’t make it easy on themselves with three of Orlando’s starters out. They had a hard time with the Magic all night, never leading by more than five in the first half and failing to put them away after opening the third quarter on an 8-0 run.
- Jonas Jerebko really has found his stride coming off the bench for Detroit. Jonas scored 13 points with 5 boards and a steal in 20 minutes on the floor with just one foul.
Tayshaun Prince: “We were just moving the ball real effectively, moving their defense from one side to the other. Greg was doing a good job of getting the ball inside and making decisions. BG played a great all-around game coming off pick and rolls, making good reads. Just good all-around play by everybody. When you win, that’s how you want to play.”
- Daye and Villanueva a DNP coaches decision. Anyone else think this whole Charlie V think is suspicious?
- 22 points off of turnovers for the Magic.
Highlights of the game via NBA.com
[flashvideo file=http://nba.cdn.turner.com/nba/big/games/pistons/2012/04/03/0021100795_orl_det_recap.nba_nba_576x324.flv /]
- Tayshaun with 15 points, six boards and 3 assists. No two prettier than his dunk off a no-look pass from Will Bynum. Just check the highlights.
- Next up the Wizards on Thursday.
who was it talking ill about tay? now that he is got his legs and mobility back he is leading the team in the locker room. this is why we signed him to show the young guns how to keep it moving.
Hey, Ben Gordon dribbled literally coast to coast and didn’t dribble it off his foot!
Monroe’s steal and slam is eerily identical to his one from last year on JJ Barea.
This win should be automatic without 3 of Orlando’s starters. Monroe could’v dominated inside without Orlando’s best interior defender. great win though. everyone scored at will inside the paint.
Should we draft Thomas Robinson? He could complement Monroe really well.