The return trip home to the Pistons wasn’t such a happy homecoming as the Miami Heat took down Detroit 88-73. The Pistons showed a little spark by coming back from a 26 point deficit in the third quarter to get as close as nine.
- The Heat, clearly the superior team, scored 59 first half points and their big three combined for 56 points on the night.
Damion Wilkens “It looked like everyone else in the league was in the lockout and they weren’t.”
- 21 turnovers for Detroit.
- You can see how hard it is for this team to score against a great defensive team.
- Ben Gordon coming off his 45 point game against the Nuggets scored just 10 points on 4-for-10 shooting with 4 boards, 2 steals and 7 turnovers. He also missed the his three 3-point attempts on the night after tying a record on Wednesday with nine consecutive. Sadly that’s the Ben Gordon we know here in Detroit.
- LeBron James has now won 17 straight against the Pistons.
- Brandon Knight led the Pistons with 18 points on 6-for-12 shooting with a rebound and 3 assists.
- Get it to Greg Monroe! Greg with just five shots on the night. Greg with a rare nonexistent showing for the Pistons. Moose put up just five points and 6 boards.
- No Stuckey seems to mean no winning.
- When Ben Wallace and Damion Wilkens are the only players not in the negative of your +/- column, you probably lost.
- Maxiell 0-for-6 with 7 boards.
- Tayshaun scored 11 on 5-for-12 shooting with one assist and 6 boards. It’s games like this that you need your veteran to step up and do something when the team is clearly outmatched.
- Highlights via NBA.com
[flashvideo file=http://nba.cdn.turner.com/nba/big/games/pistons/2012/03/23/0021100704_mia_det_recap.nba_nba_576x324.flv /]
- A rare appearance from Austin Day, who scored 6 points in eight minutes on the floor.
- The next four games are on the road with a back to back in New York Saturday night.
I thought this was tay’s best all around scoring game in a long time, he was so diverse anid passionate when he did score, and was actually driving along the right baseline which is rarely seen, it was like seeing a magestic unicorn and it made me happy :D. Now to just get some consistency in that he can average 18 pts a game.
Knight is so consistent as a rookie its almost unfair, how is he that good? How I ask? I’m just waiting or Knight and Daye to put their fists together and go “wonder twin powers…. ACTIVATE”
this new york game i swear is the game I’m not thinking about lottery at all, I want pistons to DESTROY the knicks. I want the new york lockerroom after the game to look like they are watching The Notebook 😛
Come on pistons lets go tonight
I’m not saying Tay didn’t play well though when your team is stuggeling and you have Stuckey out, Monroe not engaged and scoring and Ben Gordon being Ben Gordon you step up your game.
Ben Gordon’s so streaky. I think when people want streaks in their hair they should go to the salon and ask for a “Ben Gordon”. 😀
And luckily tonight Tayshaun goes up against Carmelo, should be no defense there, If tayshaun doesn’t go off tonight it will be “linsane”
Like! Especially the Ben Gordon part.
Pistons have only won 4 road games this year so far. Without Stuck in the lineup our chances are slim to none in the Big Apple and I hope Slim did not leave town.
Good luck Pistons!
BRANDON KNIGHT &RODNEY STUCKY’S AMAZING BACK CORT
LETS GO LITTLE WILL THE THRILL BYNUMITE!!!!!!!!!
TAYHAUN PRINCE THE PALACE PRINCE
LETS GO WALKER D. RUSSSEL JR.
JASON TO THE MMMMMMAXIELL
GREG MONROE HAS DONE IT AGAIN
JONAS JEREBKO GO AND DUNK