Rising Star Greg Monroe was the only player that remained sharp after the All Star break for the Pistons, as the visiting Sixers had their way with the sluggish Pistons on their way to an easy 97-68 win. Monroe was tied for a game high 20 points with the Sixers Thaddeus Young, while the Sixers finished with 6 players in double digit scoring with the Pistons only finishing with 2.
- Rodney Stuckey finished with a solid 17 points as he continues to show Pistons fans that he has talent to be a solid starting off-guard in the league
- Underrated Sixers guard Lou Williams had a great game off the bench, along with Thaddeus Young, finishing with 13 points and 7 assists only 25 minutes
- Just how bad was this game for Detroit? They did not connect on a field goal attempt outside the paint until the third quarter. They shot 35% in the first half. Turrable
- 22 turnovers for Detroit. Turrable
- 25 of 79 field goals. Turrable
- 14 assists. Turrable
- Sixers began the 2nd quarter on an 11-0 run which sealed the deal for the night. Turrable
- I could hear the hecklers on TV. Sparse turnout indeed. Turrable
- 0 blocked shots for Detroit.
- How far was I off on saying Austin Daye would have a breakout year? He’s so awful that he can’t even start over Tayshaun Prince who finished with 4 points on 2-10 shooting
The Pistons get a chance to bounce back tomorrow night by facing the awful Bobcats.
Pistons fans who were hoping that Joe D would draft Bismack Biyombo can get an up close and personal look at how awful he is, which should make them grateful that Brandon Knight was available in the draft when the Pistons pick came up. Knight, no matter how inconsistent he’s been, has not been as bad as Biyombo. Actually, since Biyombo was placed into the starting lineup in Charlotte, he has produced as well as you can expect a rookie big man to produce. He is extremely raw, but his numbers since becoming a starter have been solid.
I’d say Biyombo and Knight are actually pretty close, production wise. Biyombo has a slight edge in PER and Win Shares per 48. Knight’s played a lot more minutes, though. Neither have played well.
biyombo is going to be an amazing player. he is young and really raw. He will be better than ibaka. with moose in the middle we didnt need bismack we needed someone to take charge and learn how to run the team. this is why we went with knight. i wouldnt of been mad at either pick but for our team knight is the right pick.
Anybody tell the Pistons that the All Star break is over?
Philly gave us a beat down with 6 of their players getting double figures.
The Pistons shot terrible as a team with a pathetic combined 32% FGP .
BG was 1-10 and the bench was so bad that AD got to play some minutes and once again zero shots made. I see Europe in his future.
The good news is CV31 is actually practicing with the team but it may take awhile for him to get in “game shape”. Maybe by April he will get some playing time to see what his future with the team may be.
My feeling is that he will be gone next year despite having some contract left.
Hopefully we do not get STUNG by the worst team in the league tonight at home.