The Pistons lost a heart breaker in Cleveland, letting the Cavs come back to hand them their 23rd loss of the season. The Pistons were up 17 late in the third quarter but were outscored 38-15 over the next 12-minutes leading to a final score of 101-100.
- The fourth quarter was a disaster, they didn’t share the ball. They were taking back shots and they didn’t get a singe offense rebound.
- Rodney Stuckey with a heck of a block on Kyrie Irving, who had a great game leading his team in the fourth with 17 points.
- Not a big fan of how Lawrence Frank handled this one. He didn’t stop the Cavs from setting the tempo and roaring back in the fourth. And was Ben Gordon the go to guy when the game was on the line? Questionable.
- Tayshaun just 2-for-15 for 7 points. He was struggling to make a shot. He didn’t do much better on the defensive end either. Wasn’t he supposed to be guarding Antiwan Jamison, who scored 32?
- Greg Monroe with another double-double. Monroe finished with 19 points, 11 boards and a career high 7 assists. So close to a triple-double!
- Brandon Knight led the Pistons with 24 points, 3 assists, 5 boards a steal and 2 turnovers. I can’t tell you enough how good he played battling Irving down the stretch. So nice to have someone that isn’t afraid to take the shot. And it seems like when he does he makes it. Oh…and he was 4-for-5 from downtown.
- Want to hate CLE that much more? Shouts of CLEEEEVLAND BASKETBALLLL in the crowd.
- Sometimes I just want to pull my hair out when watching Ben Gordon for his shot selection. Ben with 16 points on 7-for-17 shooting.
- Rodney Stuckey scored 16 on 5-for-13 shooting.
- Jonas Jerebko again with the hard work and a +13 in the box. Jonas scored 9 with 6 boards in 23 minutes.
- Worst reffing on both sides that I have seen in YEARS. No joke.
- The Pistons were out rebounded 44-49.
- This one was in the bag and they let it all crumble in the fourth quarter.
- Highlights Via NBA.com
[flashvideo file=http://nba.cdn.turner.com/nba/big/games/cavaliers/2012/02/21/0021100481_det_cle_1h.nba_nba_576x324.flv /]
- This one was just frustrating. Hoping they bounce back in Toronto.
Heartbreak hotel. Why is it so tough for us to grab rebounds against this team? Stuckey had a bad turnover down the stretch. Knight really needs to work on his defense: Irving could just blow by him at will. Stuckey should have been the one driving for a layup when we were down 95-97, not Gordon.
ouch. hard loss.
Greg monroe = GOAT. We are playing fun basketball again. At the beginning of the season I didn’t even recognize it as basketball. Much more fun now.
knight does need to improve on d but its not like kyrie is easy to guard he can pull up from anywhere and take you off the dribble. plus he is stronger than knight so anytime he gets the step he can blow by you or muscle by you. gordon looks like he broke the play and he played too much nitendo growing up.
HAHAHAAHAHA!! How’d that one taste Deee-Troit? KYRIE FOR 3!!!!! GO CAVS!!!!