The Pistons backcourt of Rodney Stuckey and Brandon Knight put up 58 points for the Pistons in their 114-108 victory over the Kings Friday night at the Palace of Auburn Hills. Detroit, who is clearly playing their best basketball of the season, has now won six of their last eight games.
- Brandon Knight and Rodney Stuckey brought the house down in the fourth quarter. Both of them hitting big shots late and making the Palace feel like it was a playoff game.
- The mask-less Brandon Knight with a career high 10 assists , the most assists by a rookie since Grant Hill did it. Brandon finished with 23 points and was four boards away from a triple-double.
- The Pistons are now 6 for their last 8.
- We can’t forget Tayhsaun’s 22 points, and 10 board in what may have been his first double-double of the season. Tay added 5 assists, 2 steals and two blocked shots in one of his best performances of the season by far. A complete game form the kid form Compton.
- Rodney 5 for 6 in the first with 16 points, his first 16 point quarter of his career.
- Rodney had another great night, in fact it could have been his best performance of the season Friday night. Stuckey led the Pistons with 36 points..yes 36, with 3 boards. Rodney took control of this game and never let it go.
- Via NBA.com
[flashvideo file=http://nba.cdn.turner.com/nba/big/games/pistons/2012/02/17/0021100448_sac_det_play4.nba_nba_576x324.flv /]
Rodney Stuckey: “I’m just happy we won. We dug down deep, deep into the second half we got stops and that’s what helped us win the game.”
- How about Ben Wallace playing up a storm again. Ben really wants to go out the right way. Ben finished with 7 boards, and assist, a steal and a blocked shot in 20 minutes on the floor and he wasn’t holding off on contact going down for the count to draw an offensive foul when the Pistons really needed possessions late tin the game.
- Sacramento with 29 fast break points to the Pistons 30.
- Season high 114 points for Detroit.
- DeMarcus Cousins, wasn’t supposed to play in this one, but he played and showed up big for the Kings. He led Sacramento with 26 points and 15 boards with a blocked shot and a steal in 32 minutes on the floor. Cousins got some oohs and ahs from the crowd and a couple of power dunks.
- Clearly Cousins won the battle of the night with Monroe. Greg with just three points on the night and 8 boards in 32 minutes.
- 12 turnovers on the night for each team.
- I can’t tell you who’s shot was bigger in the fourth quarter, Brandon’s 3 to put the Pistons up 105-104 with 2:20 to go or Stuckey’s that followed to make it 108-104 with 1:25 to go.
Brandon Knight: “Just to know we fought as a team, fought as unit, we came together as one. We had a lot of guys give great efforts, not just offensively, but hustling, getting blocks, steals; that led to easy offense for other people. It was a great team effort by everyone.”
- Neither Stuckey or Knight turned the ball over once Friday night.
- Isaiah Thomas at the Palace…weird.
- Board war won 48-40.
- Brandon Knight wants to be on the floor when the game is tight and is not afraid to take the big shot. You have to love that, especially in a Rookie that can get it done.
- I am not afraid to make call it like I see it when it comes to Rodney Stuckey. With that said, he’s really impressed me the last couple of weeks. He’s playing different and the Pistons are winning. I’m not completly on the bandwagon, but I’m not hating.
- Ben Gordon 5-for-13 with 13 points off the bench. He hit a couple of very important shots when the Pistons, not to mention this circus shot.
- Via NBA.com
[flashvideo file=http://nba.cdn.turner.com/nba/big/games/pistons/2012/02/17/0021100448_sac_det_play2.nba_nba_576x324.flv /]
- The Kings looked like they were going to run away with this one. In the first half this was one fast paced game, but the Pistons slowed it down in the second half and slowly took control.
Lawrence Frank On Brandon Knight: “I thought early on in the first half, even though he had a high assist total, I thought it was a little bit of a struggle, but then he stepped up. I was really proud of him making that pass to Rodney. That is just the right pass to make at the right time; great screen by Ben Wallace to create separation and any time you create separation, you force help. Now you have to make the right basketball play and so finding Rodney in the corner. Rodney stepping up and making it, but I was proud that Brandon made the right basketball play.”
- Jonas was all hustle again
- DNP’s for Russell, Macklin, Daye and Bynum with Wilkins playing just 7 minutes.
- The Pistons got down 11 in the third and then just turned the game around.
- Jason Maxiell with 6 points, 7 boards and 4 turnovers.
- This team is showing fight and learning how to win.
- This was one of the more exciting nights at the Palace no matter what team the Pistons were playing, or what month it was. You take the good games when you can and hope for them when they are in the rear view mirror.
Meet Jonas Jerebko at Meijer
Date: Saturday, February 18 – 4:30-6:30 p.m.
Location: 2333 S. Center Road, Burton, MI 48519
Jonas will be there from 5:30-6:30 p.m.
Stuckey had one turnover, just fyi. Nice game. All Stuckey in the 1st and 3rd quarters (he didn’t miss any shots in the 1st), and all Knight in the 2nd and 4th quarters. This was the first time Knight showed some clutch-ness.
Ladies’n gents we have ourselves a backcourt!
So glad for Rodney, he deserves it. BK will be a beast when he grows a little.
JJ & BG off the bench energy and scoring…
Moose had a slow night but heck, he’s still our no1 man.
Next year get some serious help to Monroe and select the winger that can perform, (Daye, Singler or someone new) and we can see some playoff time.
Anyways me likes what me sees very much. Good job Lawrence Frank.
I didn’t realize Prince had such a good game: 2 blocks, 2 steals, 5 assists and 10 rebounds. He even ended up shooting over 50 percent. He was shooting so poorly in the first half that I guess I wrote him off when he finally came back to life.
Hell yeah! You can really see the progress with this team from game to game! Was fun to watch last night and we we have another winning streak! Great game from Stuck, BK and Tay! Let’s keep it goin!
Deeeeeeeeetroit Basketbaaaall! 🙂
big stat for knight 4-6 from 3 point land and no TO.
good minutes off the bench from BG, JJ and even Big Ben.
hopefully CV can contribute to a team that is on a roll.
we still may sneak into the playoffs
who would of thunk it
Rodney for Eastern player of the week?