The #Pistons beat the Nets for the second time in 3 days in a 109-92 rout at the Palace. The Pistons hit the century mark for the first time in regulation all season long. This current Pistons 4 game winning streak it the first for Detroit since December of 2009.
- I know we talk about Jason Maxiell as a baby eater, but that guy seem to eat Kardashians too. Jason scored 8 with 5 boards, a steal and 4 blocked shots. It seemed like all of them were on Kris Humphries. Like I said a million times before, Jason loves a good put-back.
- Via NBA.com
[flashvideo file=http://nba.cdn.turner.com/nba/big/games/pistons/2012/02/10/0021100393_njn_det_play5.nba_nba_576x324.flv /]
- Brandon Knight got into foul trouble early and didn’t get to play a ton of minutes. He still scored 13 points with 7 boards and 5 assists in just 16 minutes on the floor. I don’t know how bad it was but at one point he hit the floor and one of the Nets fell right on top of him and his (masked) face bounced off the ground. It was one of those “I know that hurt” moment, but he got right out there and kept playing.
- No All-Star nod for Moose, no big deal. He’s still putting up double-doubles every night. Greg with 18 points, 11 boards, 2 steals and a blocked shot in 29 minutes on the floor.
- Tayhaun with 8 points and a plus 26 in the box.
Tayshaun Prince “I see improvement as far as when teams make a run on us we’ve been able to respond. We’ve played some solid defense and pushed it. We haven’t run plays a lot, we’ve tried to attack early and that’s opened up a lot of things for us the past few games.”
- Austin Daye still struggling going 1-for-7 in 19 minutes on the floor.
- A big 25 assists from Detroit, who for one of the few times all season long looked like they were having fun on the court.
- Vernon Macklin and Will Bynum saw garbage time…yes the Pistons blew out a team. It wasn’t they just lost garbage time it was “Darko Human Victory Cigar” garbage time and it felt great.
- Rodney Stuckey had a great game, really stepping up with Brandon on the bench in foul trouble. Rodney was 7-for-10 for 19 points with 5 assists and 3 boards in 26 minutes on the floor. He had a couple of highlights, but none better than the breaking of the ankles.
- Via NBA.com
[flashvideo file=http://nba.cdn.turner.com/nba/big/games/pistons/2012/02/10/0021100393_njn_det_play3.nba_nba_576x324.flv /]
- A season high 56 points in the paint.
- Brandon Knight isn’t afraid to take the big shot.
- This game started with the Nets scoring the first 7 points and it looked like it was going to be one of “those” games, but the Pistons went on a 24-4 run and never looked back.
- The Need4Sweed was a bundle of hustle all night long. JJ was all over the court doing all the dirty work and it was paying off. Jonas led the Pistons off the bench with 20 points, 2 assists, and four boards in 25 minutes. Jonas seems to be getting a ton of dunks lately, but his “OMG” he just did that moment had to have been his 360 touch pass to Ben Wallace. I didn’t get to see the replay, but it looked really awesome in person.
Jonas Jerebko :I just try to go in and play my game. The only change is who you’re playing with. I just try to go out there and bring energy and play as a team.”
- Highlights of the game via NBA.com
[flashvideo file=http://nba.cdn.turner.com/nba/big/games/pistons/2012/02/10/0021100393_njn_det_recap.nba_nba_576x324.flv /]
- Ben Gordon with 14 points off the bench in 22 minutes. Maybe this is all he’ll ever be, above average bench player. He’s getting paid a lot to play that part but it’s better than his production in the past for Detroit.
- Star Wars night was fun, but it was even more fun to be at a game that was packed with Piston HL’s and I didn’t have to sit at the edge of my seat hoping they would hold on to the game.
- Wizards on Sunday could make it, wait for it…a five game winning streak.
I hope we see our new version of the HUMAN VICTORY CIGAR again with another blow out game against the Wizards.
JJ`s grandmother just turned 101 years old so he seemed pumped last night and had another awesome game off the bench. His M.O. lately is to hit a few outside shots and then fake the jumper and then use his speed to take it strong to the hole resulting in a dunk or lay up.
Fun game to watch. Several thoughts on this one. First, Nat, you confused Jonas with Jason in your posts! Either way, Jonas was a fundamental video last night. He hit outside shots, he drove, pump faked, reversed, rebounded on the offensive end, cut to the basket, dunked. AWESOME!
You also hit it on the head: they had fun. I felt the same thing last night watching. “Wow, it looks like they are truly having fun.” It brought me back to the Alternatorz days. I just remember how much fun they had and Jon Barry & Uncle Cliffie hitting big shot after big shot.
It seems that they may have their lineup figured out now. Save for Charlie coming back, I like the rotation as is with Stuckey & Maxiell starting, JJ & Gordon coming off the bench. Unfortunately I think Will is the casualty. No team goes 12 deep though. It’s not realistic.
My only concern is the lack of playing time for Macklin in the blowout. Up 30 points in the 3rd should warrant more than 4 minutes out there. I don’t know if you saw the article Patrick Hayes had on Pistons Powered a little while back about how the Spurs have stayed elite for so long, but the premise was playing the young guys not only longer in blowouts, but also at some crucial moments earlier in the game. I completely agree with him. I’d like to see him out there for some 2nd & 3rd quarter minutes. Let’s see if he can get some confidence and develop into a solid player.
Thanks for letting me know Corey!
No problem! I also forgot the perfect form Kareem sky-hook for Jonas!
Seems like it was a good crowd too — well, good for a Nets-Pistons game.
Humphries is Maxiell’s bitch. or baby I guess, cause Maxiell eats babies