With the strong play of Greg Monroe and the effective return of Ben Gordon and Brandon Knight, the Pistons made it three in a row Wednesday night with a 99-92 win in New Jersey. This was just the Pistons second road win of the season and first in the last 8 away from the Palace.
- The eighth double-double in the last nine game for Greg Monroe who dunked so hard on Kris Humphrises that they already started printing the poster in the lobby. And don’t think Moose didn’t give a little attitude to top it off. He brought the whole Pistons bench off their feet.
- Via NBA.com
[flashvideo file=http://nba.cdn.turner.com/nba/big/games/nets/2012/02/08/0021100378_det_njn_play7.nba_nba_576x324.flv /]
- Greg led the Pistons with 20 points, 12 boards, 4 assists and 2 steals. Both Monroe and Night will be representing the Pistons in the Rookie/Sophomore All Star Challenge.
- Fantastic outing for Jonas Jerebko, who put up 16 points on 5-for-12 shooting, with 7 boards, 2 steals and 2 blocked shots in one of the best outings of the season for Jonas. All hustle again from the Swede.
- The bench unit of Gordon, Jerebko, Wallace, Walker D. Russell Jr. and Austin Daye were on the court together for about a seven minute stint in the second quarter as the Pistons went on a 9-0 run and took control of the game, outscoring the Nets 31-19 to take a 12-point halftime lead.
- Walker Russell contributing again in short minutes on the floor. Russell knows exactly what to do when he’s on the floor and he helps this team play as a team.
- Nets got back in it when the Pistons gave up too many open three point shots, eventually cutting the lead to one point in the fourth.
- Board war won 41-36.
- The Pistons largest lead was 18 points, the Nets 5.
- Great game, and loved that the Pistons put it away late in the game. The thunder dunk form Moose really put the game away.
- The Nets again on Friday night at the Palace for Star Wars night.
- Ben Gordon with 14 points in 21 minutes on the floor with some timely makes when the Pistons needed them. He looked good in his return, but I have to say the guy is not a ball handler. Feed him the ball and let him shoot, that’s where he shines.
- Another hot night for the Nets Deron Williams who led all scorers with 34 points. Deron went 6-for-9 from downtown and almost brought the Pistons team down late in the game.
- To make matters worse for Mr. Kardashian, he got dunked on HARD by Jason Maxiell in the first quarter on a huge put-back from Jason. Max finished with 4 points on the night in 13 minutes.
[flashvideo file=http://nba.cdn.turner.com/nba/big/games/nets/2012/02/08/0021100378_det_njn_play2.nba_nba_576x324.flv /]
- 50 points in the paint for Detroit to the Nets 24.
- Austin Day played 7 minutes and scored zero points. To be quite honest, I didn’t even realize he played.
- The three’s for the Nets almost turned this win into a loss.
- Prince with 15 points, 5 assists in 34 minutes.
- Highlights via NBA.com
[flashvideo file=http://nba.cdn.turner.com/nba/big/games/nets/2012/02/08/0021100378_det_njn_recap.nba_nba_576x324.flv /]
- Rodney Stuckey played 34 minutes with 13 points, 6 assists and 2 boards.
- Brandon Knight has adjusted to the mask. Knight took it right to the hole as soon as he could, knowing he was going to get contact. The same spark he had before the injury was on the court in New Jersey. Knight finished with 13 points, 4 assists, 4 turnovers and a blocked shot in 36 minutes on the floor. To top Brandon’s return, he made a HUGE three late in the fourth quarter to cement the victory.
- Fist time the Pistons have won three games in a row since last April.
- Next up, the Nets again on Friday night for Star Wars Night at The Palace.
Every player even Austin Daye who played got an assist and a rebound.
29 assist for the team. If they can do that 60 percent of the time we’re in good shape. The Moose is loose, he’s confident now. Sky’s the limit for him, and he’s just 21. WOW!
Waiting for the dunk video, nice win. yes its 3 straigth.
I like the wins but I like the chance at Anthony Davis better.. Just sayin
we still have that chance we always will, but id rather see us be competitive and winning some games.
Amazing what health and three days off can do for a team isn’t it. Thrilled to see great performances from Stuckey, Gordon, Jonas and Monroe (although bummed that he came one rebound short of the target). Let’s get those players all healthy and playing together and all kinds of good things are possible. Still NJ sucks big time but its always great to beat those guys.
I just watched the NBA Pistons, Nets Highlights, and because I missed the game. I like to play them over and over to get a feel how the game was. From the highlights seems like they where playing with a lot of energy. And that G-Money Dunk at the end was sick. He’s starting to master that slow shudder step to the basket like Dantly had, but then he dunks on Chris Humphries, the way he swings his arm at the end, simply player,player baby. He’s getting comfortable out there now, and I’m loving it. Moose Baby
Moose is very close to being an ALL STAR center in this league.
He is 9th in the NBA in double doubles behind some big name PF and C.
It was a very enjoyable game to watch for a Pistons fan.
As far as drafting Anthony Davis, that will be reserved for the terrible Hornets team since we are not nearly as bad as they are.
We got a healthy squad now and we are improving steadily.
No we are still not a playoff team but are that far away either.
The draft is deep this year and even a late lottery pick will help the team next year.
The number one pick in the draft will go to a team with less lottery balls than the Pistons. You can take that to the bank. Pistons best case scenario is 7. Start looking around that level to see what’s coming. Having said that is something like Knight or Monroe drop to that level again we’re fine.
the boys are starting to play like a team and its a good start but still its against a terrible team. i like moose and the swede playing together. jj is a nice cutter and knows how to play team basketball. most euros do. i like how knight with the mask still took it to the bucket we are starting to turn the corner fellas.
May the force be with you on Friday at the Palace.