I guess the Palace is where Amazing Happens…just not for Detroit.
The Pistons 61 point first half didn’t make a difference Wednesday night at the Palace as Detroit once again when hot and cold all night long in a game that just hurts to lose.
Detroit, trailing by two points at the half stammered in the second scoring 44 points to the NBA’s worst defensive team.
- No Darko 🙁
- The shorthanded Timberwolves really looked like All-Stars playing again the Pistons Wednesday night, with guys like Lazar Hayward and Anthony Randolph making Detroit look silly.
- Career high for Austin Daye who scored 22 points starting for Detroit. Austin added 3 assists, 4 boards, a blocked shots while fouling out after 39 minutes on the floor.
- 5-for-25 from downtown for Detroit! Really…no seriously really? And why are we a 3-point shooting team all of the sudden?
- Madonna night at the Palace – I wish the Pistons were playing like they were in the late 80’s.
- Letting a team with 14 wins school you in your own building is just a testament to what this season has been like.
- The highlights via NBA.com
[flashvideo file=http://nba.cdn.turner.com/nba/big/games/pistons/2011/03/02/0021000906_min_det_recap.nba_nba_576x324.flv /]
- Rip Hamilton back in the rotation and having fun! Rip went 5-for-12, with 6 assists and 11 points in 26 minutes.
- The Pistons had 20 assists at halftime, just 10 off their season-high for the season in a full game. They finished the game with 29.
- Shot selection went out the door last night.
- Kevin Love make the 48 double-double’s in a row! Love with 20 points and 20 boards was the best part of being at the game.
- The other highlight, Greg Monroe with his own double-double with 18 points and 11 boards. Add 4 steals and 2 assists for Moose and that alone will make you smile.
- Monroe on Post play: “Just trying to get in when I can. This whole season I haven’t had many plays called, not expecting that to change, just go out and do my part.”
- Laimbeer back home again and he looks comfortable on the bench, though most would like to see him on the other side of the court at the Palace.
- Tay did not play (back) and another DNP for McGrady coaches decision.
- A double-double of his own for Rodney with 10 assists and 11 points.
- Pretty cool that George and Special K made their rounds at the Palace last night.
- Jonas looked mighty nice in his Birthday Suit on the bench. Hey… it was his Birthday and he had a sharp black suit on! Dirty minds.
- Is it wrong to say, this just isn’t fun anymore?
Don’t forget about Me, That Sports Babe and our new show that starts tonight at 8pm! I have some great questions for John Salley so be sure to tune in and call in!
Listen Live Thursday at 8PM
they cant and wont win with out defense.
Thats what detroit basketball is . they cant and wont win without it..
detroit just flat out sucks now. no hope. its going to take YEARS and YEARS! of rebuilding, they’re just pathetic.
Could hve used the Birthday boy, Ben, Tay.
First three quarters were pretty fun at least.
We have to play TMac. When things dont look good, his composure is what the team needs.
We need more balls….. but this year in the lottery, next year on defense and in the hoop.
Rebuilding process make the season fun to watch while winning team makes it boring
Stuckey will be the center of attention for the rest of the season..
he plays his future over the next 20 games I believe
can he run the team or not
If he’s not I doubt the Pistons will spend much on him this summer knowing they already have 3 sg under contract
Watching at Monroe development is fun to me…
Looks like Kuester is to Tmac what Curry was to AI.