Looking pretty awful form most of the game and the Pacers leading by as much as 16 points, the Pistons got to within two early in the fourth period, but didn’t lead until Austin Daye’s 17 foot jump shot that put them one up with 11.1 remaining. Then Brandon Rush spoiled it and Rodney Stuckey’s turnover did Detroit in. The 101-102 loss stings more than most.
- Career high and one heck of a game for Rookie Greg Monroe, who led all scorers with 27 points, 12 boards and a steal and an assist in 32 minutes on the floor. The loss hurts but I was feeling it a little more for spoiling the great game for Monroe. He’s a Stud Pistons fans.
- Speaking of Greg, I was worried Kuester was going to sit him in the fourth again, he sat the first half on the fourth quarter when he already had put up 20 and 12. I’m in coach criticize mode more than ever now.
- 14 of Greg’s 27 came in the third quarter.
- Game changer – Tyler Hansbrough led the Pacers with 21 points and 12 boards and he scraped and scrapped his way to a win for his team. He’s the kind of player that fans like in Detroit because he’s 100% hustle and heart.
- Prince, who started where he left off Tuesday night (cold), left the game with what was described as a sore sacroiliac joint – extreme lower back. He didn’t return and no new yet whether he’ll be in the lineup on Friday.
- T-Mac with a season high 12 assists, 16 points and one blocked shot. He saw more action because Tayshaun didn’t return.
Tracy McGrady: “It’s very disappointing, especially when you give yourselves a chance to win the ballgame. The second half we came out with a lot more energy. Had we played that way for two halves, we probably would have won the game. We were one play away from winning the game.”
- How do you let Brandon Rush in for that dunk when the game is on the line? That shot was crushing, especially after the high that came from Austin Daye’s jumper to take the lead.
- Highlights of the Game via NBA.com
[flashvideo file=http://nba.cdn.turner.com/nba/big/games/pacers/2011/02/23/0021000848_det_ind_recap.nba_nba_576x324.flv /]
- It was Monroe who brought the team back from their 16 point hole.
Greg Monroe: “It felt good to be in a game like that, but I’d rather come out with a win…We have to play the whole game like we did in the fourth quarter and we might have a different outcome. (On his performance in general) I missed about six or seven easy lay-ups early in the game and some open jump shots. We still found a way to stay in the game, but if I make those easy buckets we win the game.”
- You know I like to make up words..this one came to me while watching Greg’s game last night. He was MONROEgeous, GREGstonishing, GREGsational, GREGxtraordinary, GREGxtravagant…I could go on and on.
- Two winnable games in a row, and two losses. When you’re trying to make the playoffs this spells doom.
- Maxiell with some time, I’m sure to try to stop Hansbrough.
- Just 5 minutes for Charlie V who didn’t look that happy sitting most of the game.
- Stuckey with 21 on 8-14 shooting and (ouch) 6 turnovers.
- Ben Wallace looked much more engaged in this one, grabbing 10 boards and scoring 6.
- The other Ben continued to shoot well with 12 on 5-for-10 shooting.
- Austin Daye hits a big shot that almost wins the game. He played 14 minutes with 2 blocks, 3 boards an assist and 4 points.
- Trade deadline hours away…don’t bet on a thing people.
- Dumars hard-pressed to make a deal at the deadline. Via @Vee_Ellis4Freep
This is the third time this year that a piston was fouled in the closing seconds of the game. This B.S. must stop!!! Daye in miami, and Tay and now stuck with indiana!
I dont want to here this garbage that they couldnt see the play.
ALL OF THEM WERE CLEAR FOULS!!! As a fan i’m pissed off that the pistons are getting shafted by these clowns!!!
John you have to factor, Stuck isn’t LBJ, MELO, DURANT, KOBE, WADE, (let alone he’s not even an all star). To top it all off with the team sucks.
So why would the refs give him the whistle? If those two main factors are against us!
The game is not what it used to be, BUT its sad. There is no more winning the right way, with having “B” players like the 04 Pistons. You need superstars and superstars only to win in the nba these days!
I hear what your saying sal but B.S. is B.S.!!!
Star or not… A FOUL IS A FOUL!
Tayshaun isnt a Allstar but is well respected around the NBA and he was Fouled 8 ways to Sunday on his shot att. at the palace.
This B.S. that these ref only give “Stars” calls because they’re “Stars” is garbage.
I’ve seen plenty of non “Stars” get calls. On bad teams or not, more than i’ve seen the pistons players get over the last 10 years and it’s sickens me. This pistons hate by the refs and the NBA big wigs because of what the bad boys did in the late 80’s and early 90’s on defence that changed the NBA needs to stop…
im sorry guys but we need to move stuckey back to pg. he NEVER had 6 turnovers while at that spot. stuck usually only had 1 if any. we should move him to pg and put mcgrady at sg. we cut down those turnovers from stuck being at sg and we win that game. we dont need to lose stuck we just need to move him to where he is more comfortable and that is pg.
What I liked about his play last night is that he was finally dishing the ball down low as he drove the lane. We’ve been waiting years for him to do this. Maybe he finally feels he can rely on guys down low (ahem, ahem, Monroe) He’d take his game up another level if he can get comfortable with this. His last turnover looked deflected, which was maybe why Monroe didn’t stick his hand out to grab it.
Also, Stuckey clearly got his third assist on Monroe’s last basket of the night. It didn’t count as an assist, g-dammit. The main reason I care is Stuck’s now on my fantasy team. Makes you wonder how many other stats the scorekeepers miss throughout the night.
agree with you i still beleive stuck is our future pg.
Great News! When i checked the score on nba.com they were wining and there was like 10 seconds left. Maybe now they will finally beat their previous record of 5 loses lets hope.
? what the hell are you talking about?