Despite playing their last game of a six day trip in Detroit while after blizzard like conditions, the (if they have it their way) Charlotte Bobcats took an important game Wednesday night at the Palace. Despite going blow for blow with the Bobcats through three quarter, everything seemed to collapse in the fourth for Detroit who lost their fourth straight (97-87) to a team that is fighting for the same playoff sport they are.
- Stephen Jackson scores 26 points through three quarters and then decides to add a little more in the fourth for a season high 39 points.
- This game just looked messy.
- 40 points in the paint for Charlotte…come on.
- You know what kind of game your watching when….. Kwame Brown could be the player of the game with 14 points and 10 boards. It almost looked like he got a hand transplant. Good for you Kwame!
- Detroit shot below 40% in the first half and were outrebound by 12…and it looked that way.
- Despite having to give free upper level tickets away the fans that did brave the roads should have been treated to a better game.
- Multiple “We want Rip” chants at the Palace, who was on the bench and dressed, but apparently told Kuester (through Arnie Kandor) he couldn’t go. Don’t the fans know he’s got a horrible case of the flu that even the Center for Disease Control cant cure?
Charlie Villanueva: “They made a run and we didn’t have an answer for it,” Villanueva said. “We dug ourselves into a hole late into the fourth and they took advantage of it.”
- Highlights of the game via Pistons.com
[flashvideo file=http://nba.cdn.turner.com/nba/big/teams/pistons/2011/02/02/CHARRECAPforwebmov-1544335.flv /]
- Ben Wallace played 17 minutes and was a -16, with 4 boards and 2 blocked shots. Despite not playing in days, he looked exhausted.
- Charlotte’s biggest lead was 18 and the Pistons was 8.
- Detroit’s bench (the highest scoring in the league) was outscored 24-22.
- Chris Wilcox starts and puts up 7 points, with 5 boards in 18 minutes…and one dunk that was about the only thing that rocked the Palace.
[flashvideo file=http://nba.cdn.turner.com/nba/big/games/pistons/2011/02/02/0021000722_cha_det_play3.nba_nba_576x324.flv /]
Video Courtesy of NBA.com
- The Pistons were led by Ben Gordon, who scored 20 on 8-for-18 shooting.
- Non existent defense from Detroit. When you let Kwame Brown go in for an uncontested dunk and punk you all night long you know you have work to do.
- Eight boards and 10 points from Greg Monroe, who will be representing the Pistons All-Star weekend. Monroe will be laying in the Rookie/Sophomore game. Nice to see him getting recognized for all the hard work he’s putting in on the floor.
- Not much from Charlie V in his 15 minutes. He scored 3 points and with 3 boards and a steal. I’m sure he he’d like to forget everything about that game except this ally oop pass from T-Mac.
[flashvideo file=http://nba.cdn.turner.com/nba/big/games/pistons/2011/02/02/0021000722_cha_det_play2.nba_nba_576x324.flv /]
Video Courtesy of NBA.com
- Tay with 16 and Daye with 11.
- Tracy McGrady seemed to fade after the half. He finished with 12 points and 8 assists but did most all his damage in the first half of the game.
- With this loss the Pistons are 4 1/2 games back from Charlotte for the last playoff spot in the East.
- A whopping 8 blocks on the night for Detroit. The Tayshaun Prince one stood out most for me.
- This one was rough, regardless of the blizzard.
If you didn’t already know, I attended the game as part of The Pistons Social Media Night. I had a Need4Swede, was interviewed by Heather Zara for Pistons.com, got to ask Charlie Villanueva about coming off the bench and took video along the way. Look out for the SWEDEtastic recap of the night very soon.
Cant wait to tell you what Jonas said to me.
dang natalie.. i was sitting right behind you at the social media gathering and i didnt even know it was you untill now.. im so upset with myself for not saying hi.. anyway just wanted to add that meeting jonas was awesome..he seems like a cool dude.. hope u had as much fun as i did
Upset I didn’t meet you but happy that you had a good time. Jonas was great wasn’t he
I caught the tweet last night. Are you really going to change the name of the site to Need4sweed? Sounds good
I have to talk to Jonas again about it but it does sound good doesnt it?
add a touch of viking-ness to the new name, make it Need4Svede! LOL!
Please don’t do that!!!!! please!
We still need more Sheed than Sweed!! lol
Seriously site name is a trademark
What will happen if Jonas moves out this summer?
I know Sheed won’t be in any all-time stats under pistons uniform but he has change the face of the franchise during last decade
let’s not forget him, plus he might come back working in the organisation after his contract is up ( ok tha’s my dream…)
i’d rather have the site become
where d stands for DEFENSE, DETROIT, and DE BASKETBALL
Mlive.com has a video that Nike did on Jonas. They talk to his Dad and go back to the Gym where Jonas got his start