The Pistons handled the Orlando Magic Monday night thanks to some great performance by Tayshaun Prince, Tracy McGrady and a career high for Austin Daye. Each put up 20 points, but it was Daye’s clutch shots that really propelled the Pistons their 103-96 over the Magic
- 20 x 3
- T-mac with 14 points in the first quarter alone. Feb 08
- Great defense from the Pistons, who recorded 9 steals on the night.
- Can someone tell Dwight Howard that he doesn’t have to manhandle pleaple when he’s trying to put a foul on someone.
- Career high 20 for Austin Daye with 9 of those coming in the fourth quarter when the Magic were closing in. Daye added 7 boards and 2 steals in 34 minutes on the floor.
- The Pistons led by 10 at the half and again by 10 at the start of the fourth. No third quarter collapse.
- Ben Wallace stepped in off the bench to help contain Dwight Howard and help the Pistons on the boards. Wallace with 11 boards and a ton of tips in 19 minutes on the floor.
- This was posed by many people on Twitter during the game. How many third quarter collapses have the Pistons had since Rip has been on the bench?
- Austin ankle breaker.
- Great win for Detroit and a fun game to watch. So fun that I really though George Blaha was going to have an aneurism. He was on fire with his calls all night long. I saved the game and have to pull some audio for those who didn’t get to see or hear his broadcast.
- Outrebounded 39-46.
- The Pistons biggest lead was 14, Orlando’s 6.
- Tay – Austin – T-Mac Highlights
[flashvideo file=https://need4sheed.com/videos/flash_video/jan_24_11_hl.f4v /]
- Shocked Jason Maxiell logged less than a minute with Charlie V out and Monroe and Wilcox in foul trouble.
- Ben Gordon finally with a glimpse of his shot back. Gordon with 15 on 6-for-13 shooting in 22 minutes on the floor with 2 board and 2 assists.
- From game saver to awful…Will Bynun 0-for-7 with a board and an assist in 15 minutes.
- Stuckey with 16 and a cool 7-for-7 from the line.
- T-Mac loves to shine against his former teams. He finished with 20 points on 8-for-19 shooting with 7 boards and 5 assists.
- Anderson leads the Magic with 21 and 5 boards. Dwight with 20 and 16.
- This just in…I still can’t stand ReDICK
- The Magic wouldn’t go away, pulling within 91-86 with an 8-1 run. It was nice to see them close this one out.
- Highlights of the game via NBA.com
[flashvideo file=http://nba.cdn.turner.com/nba/big/games/magic/2011/01/24/0021000654_det_orl_recap.nba_nba_576x324.flv /]
- Wednesday at the Palace…Chauncey