The Pistons washed away whatever was left of the awful loss to Toronto by taking down the Atlanta Hawks at the Palace 80-103.
- Lineup Shakeup! Greg Monroe in the starting lineup alongside Ben Wallace in the front court. The Rookie didn’t disappoint starting the game off solid on defense. Monroe played 20 minutes grabbing 7 boards with a blocked shot and 5 points. I like it.
Greg Monroe: On starting “We got the win, that’s all that matters.”
- Another rare combination, Charlie V and Chris Wilcox teaming up off the bench, they too didn’t disappoint.
- Rip Hamilton led the Pistons with 24 tearing it up with 20 of his points in the first half.
- Looks like Will Bynum and Jason Maxiell are out of the lineup again.
- Rip may have scored two dozen, but Charlie Villanueva shined like a star off the bench. Defense, offense, rebounds, hustle…he did it all. Charlie finished with 23 points in 28 minutes with 11 boards, 3 steals and a blocked shot. To top things off he hit a three at the buzzer to top off the win for Detroit. I challenge you to find another game that Charlie played better while in a Pistons uniform.
Charlie Villanueva: “I think we’re a lot better than our record shows, but I desperately wanted to get a win especially after how we played in that Toronto game. I think we did a good job and responded well. I’d say this is what Pistons basketball is all about. We did a little bit of everything, we passed the ball, we rebounded well, we defended and we scored. The way we played today is what I envisioned us to be.”
- Shades of things to remember…the Tayshaun Prince chase down block.
[flashvideo file=http://nba.cdn.turner.com/nba/big/games/pistons/2010/12/14/0021000363_atl_det_play2.nba_nba_576x324.flv /]
Video Courtesy of The NBA and The Detroit Pistons
- Get this, five Pistons with huge +/- stat lines and they Stuckey +20, Villanueva +29, T-Mac +23, Gordon +25, and Wilcox +20. Yes that’s Chris to you.
- The Pistons had their third quarter collapse early when the Hawks went on a 10-0 run to almost erase the Pistons half time lead, but Q took a time out and the team never looked back. Detroit led from start to finish.
- Ben Wallace turned an ankle early in the third quarter and didn’t return.
- Rebound war won 43-31
- Great ball movement and with it 26 assists on the night for Detroit.
- The big snow storm made for one of the smallest Pistons crowds I have ever seen. Couldn’t have been more than 4 thousand people in the building.
- Stuckey showing off his point guard skills again with 10 assists adding 16 points, 3 boards and 2 steals.
- Was that T-Mac I saw adding gasoline to the Palace floor in the fourth quarter and lighting the match to whatever chances the Hawks had to take the game. Four fourth quarter three’s from McGrady to quickly pad to Detroit lead late in the game. I like to see him do well and be out there in crunch time. I could be wrong, but I don’t remember him being out on the floor to finish a game for the Pistons yet. Tracy finished with 16 in 25 minutes with 6 rebounds, 3 assists, a steal and a block.
- Chris Wilcox the X-Factor.
- Ben Gordon…not. Ben was 1-6 for 2 points with 3 assists and a board.
- Premature firing of the confetti streamers on the court… the crew had to clean them up and add seconds on the clock to put the game officially in the book.
- Can I just bask in the glow of this victory for now?