Forget the fact that the Pistons just strung two wins together with their 88-90 victory over the Hawks. This game showed heart and hustle from a team that was shorthanded and wanted the win.
- No Rip, Tayshaun, Wilcox, Maxiell and Stuckey got hit pretty hard after playing 8 minutes and didn’t return.
- If you missed this one, I’m sorry. One of the best performances of the season for this team.
- Will Bynum with a ridiculous HIGH and I’m talking high glass layup, and the made free throw had the Pistons within one 84-85 with 56 seconds left.
- Then Ben Gordon took over.
- Ben’s late game defensive hustle with a steal and two free throws to give Detroit the lead 86-85. Gordon finishes with a game high 22 points on 7-for-17 shooting with 3 steals, 2 boards and 7 assists.
- 43 bench points for Detroit.
- Let’s not forget a huge three from Chucky Atkins with 6 minutes left in the game that got the Pistons right back in it.
- Charlie Villanueva with some key shots, but the fact that Austin was playing so well, CV didn’t see much time. Charlie 4-for-8 for 10 points, a steal, 4 assists and 4 boards in 23 minutes.
- Ben Wallace wasn’t resting much on the second game of the back to back. The fro-less wonder scored 8 and was a perfect 4-for-4 from the line with 3 huge blocks. When he did this coast to coast move, I about fell off my chair.
[flashvideo file=https://need4sheed.com/video/flash_videos/april_7_10_wallace.flv /]
Video Courtesy of The Detroit Pistons and The NBA
- 100% from the free throw line for Detroit! (16-16)
- Small lineup for the Pistons gets them beaten up on the boards. 48 to 37 in favor of the Hawks.
- Austin Day starts for Tayshaun Prince (out for personal reasons) played one heck of a ball game. The kid played 44 minutes, and he hustled every single one of them. Austin scored 13 points with 10 boards, his first career double-double, with a steal and 3 blocked shots. I could watch him play like that all Daye long.
- “It felt good,” Daye said. “I was surprised I was able to stay out there that long without telling Coach to take me out. I’ve just been working on my wind and it definitely paid off.” Via MLive
- Game was tied at the half and the Pistons came out strong in the second half until the Hawks went on a 20-6 run. Detroit was down by as much as 9 points in the second half, until the magic happened.
- Will The Thrill! 17 points, on 7-for-15 shooting with 3 assists, and a career high 4 steals, a huge bucket in the fourth and another one of his signature dunks. Pure Bymuite! Well..can we keep him Joe?