Detroit Rocketed to a 13 point lead in the first quarter at the Palace, but the Rockets turned things around quickly taking the lead mid second quarter. Though they exchanged leads, it looked like the Pistons were faltering and Houston would put this one away, that was until Tayshaun Prince took this game into overtime with back to back dunks. It went down to a final three point attempt in overtime by Kevin Martin that didn’t go down to tie it in OT for the Rockets. The final score Detroit 110 Houston 107.
- No Ben Wallace again, but it didn’t stop him from getting a technical foul from the bench.
- Will Bynum started in place of Rodeny Stuckey. Will with a Bynumite double-double, putting up 12 points, 11 assists, 4 boards, 2 steals and just one turnover on the night. Will was impressive in his start, feeding the ball when he saw someone was hot and knowing just when to take his own.
- Jonas with a near double-double, 16 points, 9 boards, a steal and 3 blocked shots……yes 3. This kid is reinventing what it means to be a rookie in the D. It’s like he steps up in every department, right when the Pistons need it. Need4Swede indeed!
- Ben Gordon…..I think Joe Dumars wants that money back. Six points on 1-for-7 shooing in 25 minutes. This season is a wash for Ben, lets hope he is the old BG next season.
- A little better from Charlie Villanueva, who got very hot at one point in the first half, hitting a shot followed by back to back threes. CV scored 15 on 6-for-13 shooting in 22 minutes. We could use a few boards now that Ben is out CV…Jonas and Maxi can’t do it all.
- Aaron Brooks scored 25 and has that blow by gear that makes him so difficult to stop.
- Tayshaun Prince with not only a season high 29 points, it was his two back-to-back dunks that got Detroit right back in it with a little over a minute left in the game. Clearly a TAYrific game from prince.
- Tayshaun Highlights
[flashvideo file=https://need4sheed.com/videos/flash_videos/march_7_10_prince.flv /]
Video Courtesy of The NBA and The Detroit Pistons
- Tayshaun has sure silenced a lot of Pistons fans, including myself, with his play of late. Good to see him healthy and back to playing the way we know he can.
- I’m convinced the only way that Jason Maxiell will be who we want him to be is if he gets consistent playing time. Jason has really stepped up! He scored 6 with 16 boards, and a steal that was one of the reasons Detroit won this one. The Baby Eater is back….lets keep it that way please.
- Austin Daye with a quick appearance. Daye went 2-for-2 for 4 points in just 8 minutes, but got 3 quick fouls and didn’t return.
- Board war won 50 to 43.
- Louis Scola’s hair usually looks mighty stupid with the girly headband, but he sure made Kwame Brown look like a fool with this pretty move.
[flashvideo file=http://nba.cdn.turner.com/nba/big/games/pistons/2010/03/07/0020900936_hou_det_play2.nba_nba_576x324.flv /]
- This one was tied 10 times with 14 league changes.
- 22 for Rip Hamilton, who started the game off in Red (what looked like Jordan’s) shoes and then suddenly had white one one. Don’t know when it happened, but I ‘m sure glad his show was as hot as his shoes were.
- Highlights of the game via NBA.com
[flashvideo file=http://nba.cdn.turner.com/nba/big/games/pistons/2010/03/07/0020900936_hou_det_recap.nba_nba_576x324.flv /]
- Still wishing Rodney well.