Rashid S. Umar
The Pistons began the four-game road trip Tuesday with a 101-89 win over the Kings in Sacramento. Rip Hamilton led the team with 30 points and Tayshaun Prince filled the statline with 24 points, 4 rebounds, 4 assists, 2 steals, and a block. The young Kings were led by future Rookie-of-the-year Tyreke Evans with 28 and 13 assists. Detroit jumped out to a 14 point lead in the first quarter before the Kings came back and closed it to three at quarters end. After relinquishing the lead early in the second, the Pistons stormed back to take back control and never trailed again. The team will head here to Los Angeles to face the Clippers Wednesday night. I may be there…
Key points of the night:
- Thoughts and prayers go out to coach John Kuester following the death of his father over the weekend.
- Detroit led by as many as 30 before the Kings rallied to within a dozen.
- Rodney Stuckey tallied 13 points, 8 rebounds, and 7 assists – despite of 4 turnovers.
- Looks like Tayshaun and Rip are healthy enough to have a meaningful impact for the stretch run.
- Pistons shot a sizzling 58.4% for the game.
- This is the Pistons’ first back-to-back wins since earlier this month versus the Nets and Bucks.
- This is also the first time the team has scored 100 points or more in back-to-back games since mid-December versus Denver and Golden State, both wins
- Jason Maxiell and Ben Wallace played limited minutes due to foul trouble, while Chris Wilcox saw action… although he couldn’t hit a free throw to save his life.
- Rebound war tied at 34.
- The Swede is a tough kid for real.
- Highlights of the Game via NBA.com
[flashvideo file=http://nba.cdn.turner.com/nba/big/games/kings/2010/02/23/0020900843_det_sac_recap.nba_nba_576x324.flv /]
- Another DNP-CD for Kwame Brown.
- Tyreke Evans is going to be a great player in this league.
- Did anyone know that Larry Hughes plays for the Kings?
- For so reason, this is only Detroit’s 3rd win in the last 13 games in Sacramento.
WINNING STREACK ANYONE??????
win all 21 of 26 games and we might get to the post season. LOL! GO PISTONS!!!
stuckey is looking like a real point guard now that everyone is in the line up. he doesnt have to score and get dimes now he can choose how to pick about the defense. tay is looking like the old tay of old and im glad. still worried that we let them back in the game but that happens when you just settle for jumpers. im siked they held on its a step in the right direction. in 3 yrs im sure we will be contenders.
Larry Hughes came from the recent 3 team trade involving NY and Houston.
right now were 6.5 games back from the bobcats and the bucks. the bobcats play a very tough 5-game stretch which include lakers, boston, memphis, utah, and dallas. so we might be able to gain some ground on them. but the bucks r playing very well right now and i think they will end up getting that 8th seed. lets hope for one last miracle playoff push.
Problem with this game was
once again how our bench came in and gave up our early lead.
bynum does not look like he did before the injury.
we couldn’t stop tyreke evans in the lane, it was sad. he owned us.
i think we have the 3 worst FT shooters in the league, Wilcox, Wallace, Kwame
j-max showed why he should not be a piston. he can’t be trusted to be consistent.
However, I loved the win! And we are playing much better. But those are my criticisms.
Didn’t catch the whole game, just most of the first half. I liked what I saw though, everybody played hard for once, rather than just Big Ben, Jonas and Rodney Stuckey. Whoever is on here talking playoffs; whatever you’re smoking I need to get me some. There is absolutely no way this team makes a playoff run.
That bench issue, which by the way should be one of our strong points with guys like BG7, CV31, & Bynumite, is concerning. It seems like the starters are clicking on all cylinders, but then the bench comes in and everything is out of sync. Hopefully, Bynum gets better and the bench won’t be an issue anymore.
I thought Gordon and Villanueva played OK games. Gordon had foul problems that meant he didn’t get to play a lot of minutes, look for him to log big minutes in tonight’s back-to-back. I thought Villanueva could’ve used the benefit of a 20 point lead to practice some post moves but he kept throwing up three balls.
How close was Stuckey to that triple double!
Rip and Tay both took turns of being the scorers. Great game for the two of them.
Why does everyone want the pistons to get to the playoffs… we are not goin to win a championship with the current lineup…. we need a big man…
and making the playoffs is only goin to kill our chances of making it to the lotto…
or we can be a mediocre team for the next decade or so.
Yea Jimmy cause only real fans want their teeam to bomb the rest of the year for a higher draft pick -_-
As a REAL Piston Fan I hope the success keeps coming i still dont think we’re gunna make the playoffs just based off the fact that we’re so far behind. However I do enjoy the wins and the success this team has shown in the past 2 games and I hope it continues. GO PISTONS!!!
Damn we suck