The Pistons actually looked like they were going to cruise through their game Saturday night against New York. Up by as much as 21 points and putting on a show, Detroit let the Knicks climb their way back and take this game down to the final seconds. It was two free throws with 9.4 left that clenched the Pistons third straight victory 90-94.
- Though Ben Gordon, Will Bynum and Tayshaun Prince were all listed as questionable, none of them took the court for Detroit.
- David Lee (26) and Danilo Gallinari pack (27) pack quite a punch.
- Lively crowd at the Palace, especially at the end when the game was on the line.
- The best game for Chris Wilcox who’s been really contributing since he’s been in the starting lineup. Wilcox put up a doubl-double with 14 points, 10 boards and a blocked shot in just 16 minutes on the floor. How about another Rip alley oop to Wilcox for the game.
- FYI the Palace store has absolutely no Wilcox merchandise available.
- With the help of Nate Robinson off the bench, the Knicks went on a 24-10 run to take the game down to the final seconds.
- After Friday night’s heroics in the fourth quarter and a trip to the hospital for Rodney Stuckey (to get his fluids replenished), Rodney led the team with 20 points, 4 assists, and three steals. Forty two minutes for a guy who could barley walk the night before and he leads his team to victory two games straight.
“I will just fight through it,” he said. “When (Ben Gordon) and Will (Bynum) get back, maybe I’ll get some rest. But for now, I have to keep fighting.” Stuckey Via Pistons.com
- I feel like a broken record when I talk about Jonas Jerebko and yes maybe I am a JJ slappy, but I love it that he works hard for every single opportunity he gets. Not only does he make plays for himself, he does whatever he can to involve his teammates. Jonas finished with 8 points, 5 boards and a steal on the night.
- Rip with 15 on 5-for-18 shooting with 5 boards and 5 assists. He seems to be making an effort to get the ball where it needs to be.
- Board war won 51 to 39.
- The Pistons were outscored 30-17 in the fourth quarter. Not Fun!
- As for Jonas fouling Gallinari on the tree point try, I didn’t watch the replay of the game but that didn’t look like a foul from where I was sitting. In fact that looked like Jonas got a piece of the ball. How Jonas felt after the call…let’s just say he had a word or two to the officials about what he thought.
- Another good performance from Charlie Villanueva. Charlie scored 19 on 7-for-20 shooting, with 10 boards, 2 blocked shots and a steal. Love that he’s putting up numbers, but don’t know if I want him going 1-6 from downtown. I understand he was huge from three the other night, I just would like to see him get the bulk of his points down low.
- I feel like that was a Sheed deja vu.
“Guys are having fun,” Villanueva said. “Starting to see a little bit of chemistry out there and guys are kind of gelling together. We’ve got to keep it going.” Via Pistons.com
- Though Jason Maxiell didn’t fill the box score, he helped contain David Lee (as much as you can contain him).
- You could clearly see that Ben Wallace and Rip Hamilton were tired after the OT win against the Hornets the night before. Maybe they should have went with Rodney Stuckey to the hospital and got a little jolt themselves. I don’t know how Rodney did it, but he did.
- I have to say I LOVE the antagonizing way Mason says Rodddddneyyyy Stucccccckeeeeey after a basket.
[flashvideo file=http://nba.cdn.turner.com/nba/big/games/pistons/2010/01/16/0020900587_nyk_det_play3.nba_nba_576x324.flv /]
- I hate that Ben Gordon is sitting dressed on the bench…it’s such a tease.
- Special K and George with their thoughts and some Rodney Stuckey and Villanueva Highlights.
[flashvideo file=https://need4sheed.com/videos/flash_videos/jan_16_10_hl.flv /]
Video Courtesy of the NBA and The Detroit Pistons
- Working in the paint again, Pistons with 42 down low.
- The thing that impressed me all night was the great teamwork and ball movement.
- Back to Back thrillers just might be a way to keep this team in the W column.
- A MLK Matinee with the Knicks on Monday should prove interesting. Three games in 4 days, with NY gunning for revenge.
- You should head on over to The Knicks Blog and check out Anthony “Rice Balls” Donahue talking Knicks and Pistons on his show.
- Curious to know what impressed you the most?
Everything has been great in the last few days. I’m a little concerned about this article in the Detroit News this morning.
“Pistons owner Karen Davidson seriously is considering selling the Pistons and Palace Sports and Entertainment. She already has had a conversation with NBA commissioner David Stern on the process and protocol for attracting potential buyers. Once she sells, there would be nothing keeping the Pistons tethered to The Palace. “
charlie v, wilcox and stuckey impressed me the most in this game… stuckey has been great during their 3 game losing streak… game against NO he didnt have a great game per se, but was vital to our win in OT
and jonas continues to be one of my faves, and if we make a trade this year or in the summer i hope he’s not included
10 years younger is why Stuckey could go when Rip and Ben were worn down.
I am really impressed that we play as a team. the most important thing is that we rotate really quickly on defense, overall defense is on a great level and that leads to easy baskets
Rodney Stuckey is really showing us, the fans, some FLASHES of why Joe D decided to trade Chauncey. Keep in mind people, this is only his 2nd season as a starter…the consistency will come with time.
Great game! I love those dramatic games. Go! Pistons!
i’m loving the performance by the pistons. this is looking good, but they gotta stop
the 4th quarter catch-up by the other team. if they are leading 21 points, they gotta maintain that gap or score more to widen the gap. no excuses.
Couple things I really love about this team right now; 1. They are playing like a team, great ball movement, great help on the boards and on d; 2. Charlie V., he comes straight in and handles business quite efficiently, call him soft, he answers with 2 blocks a steal and 10 boards, he can score from any where on the court and he’s still young enough to improve! I’ve already said enough about Stuck, so I’ll just request that there be no more hating on Rodney Stuckey allowed.
No more hate. Forget that. We gotta show our star some love
get em young 50
oh, I definitely love Charlie V and do think he’ll get better and better with time but I do hope Karen Davidson changes her mind too :S