When Antonio McDyess puts up 21 points and a career high 22 rebounds, the man deserves a victory. With Rasheed Wallace out, McDyess has Detroit’s first 20-20 game in over 11 years, but it just wasn’t enough for the man who gives his all night in and night out. A foul by Rip Hamilton on Larry Hughes sent him to the line for three free throws with 10 seconds left on the game clock that tied it up, and sent Detroit into overtime. An overtime in which they were outscored 15-10 for a tough 116-111 loss to the Knicks.
- Someone please wake up Antonio McDyess from his nightmare. If there was an award for heart, it would be named after Antonio.
- Antonio McDyess – 21 points, 22 boards, 2 assists a steal and a blocked shot. The man was the epitome of “stepping up,” but then again hasn’t he done it all season long?
- This is about the point in my recap that I would put up a very special Antonio McDyess highlight reel of the first Piston 20-20 game since Bison Dele. Sad news about that Pistons fans….. FOX Sports put the kibosh on me and my videos for you. You may have noticed that the older ones aren’t working, and don’t expect to see any more from ME on N4S. They asked me nicely to take them down and stop using them, so I’m going to have to find them for you on YouTube like everyone else. It was fun while it lasted.
- Seriously, how do you lose a game when you outrebound the other team 64-39? Dyess says “You just have to look at all the positives you did and build off that and take it into the next game. It is really disappointing for us as players to come up short like we did because it was right for us to win it.” Via The Detroit Free Press
- I love ya Amir….but you let little Nate beat you on a jump ball. You must redeem yourself for that one.
- Pistons squandered a 10 point lead going into the fourth quarter.
- The Pistons shot 29.2% in the fourth quarter.
- First half fire for Mr. Hamilton. Yes, Rip led the Pistons with 22, but 8 turnovers from one player? I can’t remember a stat like that…..ever. Rip had more turnovers that the Knicks did all game. Knicks had just 3 all game long, Detroit 15 total. The last one by Stuckey to close out regulation was a killer. A chance for the last shot with the game tied….ugh.
- Hamilton was a board away from a double-double.
- Lets put it this way…the Pistons gave this one away. Detroit led by as much as 12, the Knicks’ biggest lead was 5. Now look at the final score.
- Four Pistons starters put up more than 20 points.
- Arron Afflalo could use more than .08 seconds on the floor. That’s all I’m saying. At least Curry’s utilizing Walter and Will.
- I still think Jack Nies has a vendetta against Detroit.
- NBA.com Highlights of the Game.
- Is it just me or is Jason Maxiell way more productive coming off the bench? Three points, 2 boards and a turnover in 26 minutes.
- Class act, Pistons lower season ticket prices.
- Why not to be an ESPN fan, no love for Maxiell.
- A double-double for Tayshaun Prince with 25 points and 10 boards.
- The Pistons Feed The Children Telethon was a rousing success, Pistons raised more than $440,221 thanks to generous Pistons fans.
- Never much cared for Quentin Richardson (his 3 point horn antics always got under my skin) but the fact that mid game he pulled a donation envelope and dropped 1000 dollars in it redeemed him….until he knocked down that three late in the game.
- 58 paint points for NY
- Got Milk?
- Rodney Stuckey scored 23 on 9 for 20 shooting with 8 assists and a steal in 41 minutes.
- The McDyess stat line was huge, but the shot he knocked down with 23 seconds left in regulation to put Detroit up 99-96 should have been the dagger.
- “We played hard and just came up short,” McDyess said. “I think we shouldn’t have put ourselves in that situation in overtime. I think we kind of ran out of gas. We couldn’t get shots and we were missing shots, but the effort was there.” Via The Detroit Free Press
FOUL MY ASS! THAT GAME SHOULD HAVE NEVER GONE TO OT. Shitty call on the refs putting larry at the lines for 3 shots. BAD CALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
Look,I’m not on the Amir’ bandwagon. But this is the 3rd straight game we played where the other team has no legit PF. And we don’t play Amir as much as we should. (If it wasn’t for sheed’s injury, he probably be DNP). Jason and Dyess can’t go out there and guard those pick and rolls AND the threes.
MC’s answer to the intensified D from NY in the 4th? -put Rip in and give him the ball = double teamed =TO??!!! What happened to the ball movement, what happened to Stuckey’s drive?
Curry is still the biggest joke.
Natalie, isn’t there a fair use law?
Something like you can use those clips as long as they are under certain length ..?
Same way ESPN can show a short highlight clip from a TNT or FSN broadcast without violating the copyright…
That’s just a shame.
gMac…that’s a thought. I need to look into that, but from what I was told I needed to take them down and stop.
I think we will just have to FIND them ourselves.
natalie he didnt let nate win it he just couldnt get his hand under the ball to hit it backwards he is the one who hit it to the knicks side nate didnt touch it
“natalie he didnt let nate win it he just couldnt get his hand under the ball to hit it backwards he is the one who hit it to the knicks side nate didnt touch it”
I know, but he still lost it in my eyes….just giving him a hard time.
How did we lose when 4 of our players score 20+?
Cause they’re the only 4 who ever touches the ball. It’s no longer a team thanks to this Superstar team system offense Curry has implimented. And the guards are unwilling to pass the ball unless they are ABSOLUTELY forced to. And plus we only had like 1 guy make a 3 pointer Fabio.
And defense is gone, plain and simple just gone.
Natalie I hate pretty much everything about FSN. I wish the other channel still held games cause FSN is annoying. From the presentation to the camera work, lack of replays of the things we actually want to see, to everything.
The thing that really fries me is that this is probably gonna be one of those NBATvs greatest games. Knicks always ruin our fun. The triple OT game at the garden when Rip scored 53 or something. The game where we had the 50 greatest Pistons announced. And now Dyess’s 20-20 game.
Out of curiousity is Dyess the oldest player to get 20-20?
See there still is a Need 4 Sheed
There were definitely some iffy calls late, but the Knicks were clutch from EVERYWHERE on the floor in the 4th and in OT. That includes the foul line. Meanwhile, we completely ran out of gas. This was a tough one.
Why do “fans” start filing out after the third quarter closes? And again when we go up by three with 20-some seconds left against a team that shoots threes like they’re going to win a prize if they make the most? Is there really somewhere better to be at 10 o’clock on a Wednesday?! haha
I was at the game last night, and I thought they were going to win, till they blew the lead, and the foul on Hughes that tied the game with his free throws.
I left during overtime when it was clear to me the Pistons were not going to be able to win.
I still say McDyess was the MVP of this game and his performance on the court was amazing. Proof we need to keep him around as long as he is willing to play for us.
Walter Herrmann needs to drive to the hoop more. When he fakes the three and takes a few dribble all hell break loose for the defence. He’s a pretty good passer too.
Ok maybe I just want to see those fancy layups.
Anyways this whole thing of having our bigs at top waiting with the ball for Rip to run around is not working.
4 guys watching one guy running around without the ball is not much different than 4 guys watching one guy running around with the ball.
Maybe Dyess has another gear, he will start posting up like the old Dyess.
gMac I totally agree, that handoff play is just ugly and I hate it. curry cannot seem to put these guys in the position to have all 5 guys as threats.
Yeah there is a law. Its something like you can use 15 seconds of any clip without having to seek permission or pay royalties.
See…I always thought that law pertained to Audio. This opens up doors. I can work with that…not as well but I can.
Thanks Grant and gMac
mcdyess’ comment shoud read “i played hard and we just came up short”. period.
Not only did they drop the price for next years season tickets, but they said there will be no increase for playoffs this year. Woo ha!
I’m just waiting for Stuckey to fall and Dumars to cry about losing our MVP Chauncy to let the failure Stuckey have his shot at glory in his second year of the NBA.
Or I’m waiting for Stuckey to actually play like a god damn point guard.
Honestly? Trade Rip and Prince and release Sheed so I can stop rooting for this team.