Detroit clinched their fourth Central Division title Thursday night beating the
Developmental League The Miami Heat 85-69. Don’t look at the score and count this one as an easy victory for The Pistons. The makeshift Heat lead 45-43 at the half and it wasn’t until midway though the fourth that the Pistons finally pulled away.
- Rip sat this one out again resting his hip injury.
- Credit the hungry Heat players for really going out there and making this a game. I never heard of Blake Ahearn, the D league player who was called up for the Heat but trust me I won’t forget him. He led Miami with 15 points.
- Pistons fans got treated with a minute and fifty four seconds of Walter Herrmann, who scored 2 in his much awaited return to the court.
- 36 points in the paint for Detroit.
- Arron Afflalo started the game in place of Richard Hamilton and had a career high 15 points and 7 boards. Afflalo added a couple of steals and did a heck of a job on the defensive end all night. He’s always being razzed by his teammates about him jumping ability, so you know this one cracked some smiles.
- It was nice to see Afflalo in the Post Game Interview with George and Special K, which was also packed with AA highlights.
- Sheed a future NBA Coach?
- Detroit held Miami to just 24 second half points.
- Maxiell had a monster of a game with 15 points a blocked shot and 7 boards.
- Jarvis Hayes played 13 minutes and surprisingly only put up one shot.
- Detroit shot 47 % on the night.
- Double-double for Chauncey Billups with 13 points and 11 assists, that’s his 13th of the season. I would say the best dish of the night has to be this feed to McDyess for the jam.
- Sheed vs. Primoz who are you going to VOTE for?
- Juan Dixon sat out his third straight game.
- 30 plus minutes for all the starters.
- So we would have liked the Pistons to have mopped the floor with the lowly Heat, right? It doesn’t mean what they have done this season should be looked over. The fact is their record since the All Star break looks quite alarming, but I’m not losing faith until I see something to be concerned about come the start of the Playoffs. Maybe that’s just the Homer in me.
- Stuckey played a solid 20 minutes, but Afflalo was truly the Rookie that shined. Rodney finished the game with 4 points and 2 assists.
- I think it’s unanimous amongst Pistons fans that we would like to see Tayshaun be aggressive night in and night out. It doesn’t mean we want him taking every shot, but with Rip out he should be dominating. Tay had 8 points, 8 assists and a steal.
- He just causes a ruckus on the defensive end. Two blocks in 16 minutes. Good to see Amir get some burn.
- Rebound war won 37-34.
- DNP Ratliff.
- The Pistons led by as much as 16 and Miami once had their lead at 9.
- NBA.com’s Highlights of The Game and GMac’s Highlights of The Game.
- The game against the Heat was The Pistons fourth game in five nights.
- Cavs tomorrow at The Palace, I feel a message needs to be sent.