Senior Member of Team Need4Sheed Steve DiLullo did a little live blogging during The Pistons Celtics Game:
This pretty much sums it up… all that Special K had for Kelser’s Keys was: JUST PLAY!
– Kendrick Perkins sure is off to a nice start, he’s already got all 6 points for Boston.
– We’re playing all one on one out there and Boston’s got a 7 point lead, 3-10 is the score.
– Dyess with two quick fouls and Maxey comes in with some monster energy.
– Maxey just ate numerous babies on a couple vicious throwdowns!
– We’ve scored 8 straight… don’t look now but we’ve got the lead at 11-10.
– Patented Rip to Tay alley-oop and Boston hasn’t scored in over 5 minutes.
– Make that 12 straight from the Red, Blue, and White tonight!
– Stuckey in for Rip with a couple minutes to go and we’ve put in 14 unanswered.
– Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeed for 3 and the run is 17-0!
– We kicked the defense up like crazy (thanks for the energy Mad Max!) after the first few minutes and Boston couldn’t handle it… that was a 19-2 run to finish the first with a 22-12 lead.
– Afflalo in the game at the first stop in play, along with Dyess returning to the court.
– Eddie House has a strange looking shot.
– Pierce has Rodney on him, he draws the foul on the mismatch and banks it in off the glass. Boston’s brought it closer now, 24-17.
– Maxiell is the reason for the Pistons’ success so far, 12 points on some sweet jumpers to go along with all the baby feasting
– Mr. House is doin alright so far, he’s hit a couple and the lead’s down to 5 at 30-25.
– Maxey just stole a baby from KG but it’s called a foul and they start jawing at each other, he gets T’ed up and KG goes to the line. Crowd’s unhappy, to say the least. KG hits the tech but clanks the other two freebies.
– Gangsta’s in the game quite early.
– KG just picked up foul numero tres (courtesy of El Gangstero) and the fans want him and Doc to get T’ed up for their reactions. Doesn’t happen, of course.
– Boston’s brought it pretty hard this quarter, the lead’s only two at 36-34 with 3 to go.
– Pierce with a three and somehow this game’s tied, 41 all.
– Exactly like we expected from both teams, solid defense and relatively low scoring. We had a serious run to open things up and take charge in the first but Boston slowly chipped away in the second and it’s 43-41 at the half.
– Balanced scoring for the most part, led by The Baby Eater (12 points) who threw it down with reckless abandon while playing seriously solid defense. Sheed’s got 9, Tay has 7, Rip’s got 6 and seems to be forcing shots, Chauncey’s got 5, and Stuckey and Jarvis with 2 each.
– We’re being obliterated on second chance points so far, 16 for the Celts to our measly 4.
– Foul on Rondo somehow transforms into an offensive foul on Sheed? Lucky he didn’t get T’ed up with his reaction.
– Billups says something to David Jones and he does get T’ed up.
– Blaha points out, “All these people didn’t come to see David Jones, Bennie Adams, and Scott Foster.” Couldn’t have said it better myself!
– Don’t piss Sheed off. Long ball right over KG and we’re up by 5, 49-44.
– Officials’ apparent key to the game: Take control of it! The past four or five trips down the floor each way seem to have resulted in a whistle.
– Chauncey’s glaring at the refs at this point and now he draws a foul on Rondo. The Detroit defense is taking control in the 3rd and we’re up six.
– Fourth foul on Ray Allen. Posey comes in for him and promptly hits a three, now Boston’s only down one.
– Boston’s in the midst of a 7-0 run and the score’s now 52-53.
– Rip to B-B-B-Billups from downtown on the break and we’ve got a 5-0 run right back at them, 56-53.
– KG’s been hitting some tough shots this quarter, he’s got 6 so far in the 3rd.
– Doc finally gets his much deserved Tech after Chauncey draws a blocking foul on Perky. Rip hits the tech and CB drains both freebies.
– Dyess finally gets on the score sheet and the crowd’s on their feet as the clock ticks down on the third quarter. Boston doesn’t get anything and we’re up 66-63 after three.
– Perky got a tech called on him to end the third and Rip swishes it to put us up four to start the fourth.
– Stuckey with a huge jumper, right in the thick of a tie game against the best team in the East. He’s not afraid of anything and he also just gave us a two point lead.
– Stuckey again! This time it’s a huge steal leading to a break and foul to send Max to the line where he sinks one of them.
– It’s fun watching Chauncey and Stuckey on the court together.
– Stuckey under the hoop and he blocks out Eddie House, grabs an offensive board, gets fouled, and hits both of them. Rodney’s 13-13 from the line this season, by the way.
– Pierce narrowly avoids an over-and-back violation, then hits a jumper and draws the foul.
– Sheed with a near-block on KG but gets called a foul instead, then runs away from Sir David Jones to avoid saying anything. This crowd’s just raucous with Garnett at the line but he hits both and the Celtics are now up 74-76.
– Foul number five on Ray Allen and Rip fills it up right over House, 76-79.
– Great steal by Pierce and he jams it home, 76-81 now.
– Chauncey and Rip both split the pair at the line on consecutive trips down the floor. That’s certainly a rare occasion.
– Tay backs it down low and kicks to Rip who drains the long ball from the corner and we’re within one, 80-81!
– Tony Allen’s been hurting us some tonight. After a trip to the line he’s got Boston up six with two minutes to go. He must feel bad since he just turned it over, leading to a huge hoop by Rip and it’s now 84-86.
– Man, we CANNOT stop them from getting offensive boards tonight! Celtics have 27 second chance points and we’ve got just 9.
– Chauncey misses yet another one at the line but grabs the board. He jacks a three and air balls it right out of bounds. What’s up with his free throw shooting tonight? And why would he take that shot with so much time left on the clock? Mr. Big Shot has had an interesting night, that’s for sure.
– Glen Davis lays it in with five seconds left and it’s a five point game. Davis has SIXTEEN points in the fourth quarter, who saw that coming?
– 85-92 Final.
– Well that sucked, but 26-8 isn’t exactly bad.