Six in a row and 13 of their last 15 games. On this current streak The Pistons are rolling through their opponents with ease, while utilizing the bench, and that’s something they haven’t done in last few seasons.
Detroit dropped The Nets 101-83 last night in New Jersey led by Rip Hamilton’s 22 points.
- Remember when the Pistons would dig themselves a huge hole in third quarters? Now they come out STRONG in the third, almost making it impossible for their opponents to keep up. And I love it.
- Even though Tayshaun didn’t put up big numbers, he’s been playing well every night. When he’s open on a fast break it’s a wonderful thing. Tay put up 6 points, 6 assists, 4 rebounds and a takeaway.
- Five Pistons and five Nets in double figures.
- You have to wonder what the Pistons will get for Flip Murray.
- Jason Kidd 0-for-8 from the floor.
- Rip was smoking hot…22 points on 10-for-16 shooting, while running Vince Carter all around the court.
- Rebound war lost 35-30.
- The Pistons capitalized on the Nets 15 turnovers.
- NBA.com Highlights from the game.
- “We don’t want it to be close for the refs to try to call some crazy stuff in that fourth quarter. So we’ve got to go out in that third quarter, no matter if it’s the first part of the third or the middle of that. We’ve just got to try to open up at least a 10-point lead in that third quarter.”Via The Detroit Free Press
- Have you noticed how excited Brezec is? He’s been one of the teams biggest cheerleaders. I actually didn’t think he would contribute much, but he’s surprised me with his attitude and assertiveness whenever he’s on court.
- New play: Sheed for a buzzer beating 3.
- Maxiell had 10 points on 3-for-4 shooting with 3 boards and an assist. He’s averaging 9 points a game this season and his free throw percentage is up to 55.
- I am ashamed at myself for not having an Antonio McDyess jersey (I need to represent). How can you not love Diggity? He put up 16 points on 6-for-9 shooting with 9 boards…one short of his 5th straight double-double. The only reason he didn’t get his DD was because the Pistons were dominating, as usual, and he didn’t have to play the end of the game.
- Smooth….double-double, 17 points and 10 assists. His baseline move for a reverse layup has got to be the play of the game.
- Detroit hit 14-of-18 shots in the third quarter.
- I would like to personally thank whoever (think it was Joe D?) it was that put the D back in Detroit’s game.
- Jarvis Hayes 5 points on 2-for-7 shooting. They said he was a streak shooter…they weren’t lying.
- Was Sheff in the house to see NJ or the Stones?
- Gotta love THIS KID, who obviously knows what Sheed Says.
- Rodney Stuckey, isn’t timid on court. He put up 7 points on 3-for-7 shooting with 3 assists and 2 takeaways in 11 minutes. He sure isn’t afraid to drive the lane in traffic either.
- 24-of-37 from the field in the second half.
- Guess who’s at the top of the power rankings.
- The Pistons shot 78% in the third quarter and 54% for the night.
- How fun is it to watch the Pistons play right now?
- SHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED! 13 points on 6-for-11 shooting and this…..
- Next up Indiana on Friday at the Palace.