On a night when the Pistons shot 27% in the first half and 36% on the night, this one came down to the last shot with 0.08 left on the clock. In a truly weird game that stared out with The Pistons looking like a they had forgotten how to shoot, Detroit regained their composure and came back in the fourth quarter after being down by as much as 14.
Don’t think that the Pistons didn’t have their chances either, coming out of a time out with 11 seconds on the game clock and Detroit down by two with the ball, Rasheed went for the win with a three that missed, Tayshaun grabbed the long board and Chauncey put another three up that didn’t go down. The Final score of this one was 80-77.
- The Pistons went on a 12-2 run to finish the third quarter to get them right back in the game.
- A suspect offensive foul called on Sheed early in the second quarter sent a HOT Rasheed to the bench.
- The boys looked out of sync and tired out of the gate.
- Many of us are worried that the Throwback jerseys are jinxed. The Pistons are 0-2 when wearing their new treads.
Others don’t want the Pistons televised on nationally, they haven’t won a NT game yet this season.GordBrown reminded us in the comments that Detroit beat the Heat in the opening game of the season and won….. It’s got to be the Throwbacks.
- This is how bad it was….Only 15 assists on the night for the Pistons.
- Tayhaun had a beautiful dunk over Yao.
- When I say that Houston couldn’t hit from the line I’m not exaggerating. At one point they almost set an NBA record (1-15 from the line). They finished the game 6-22 from the charity stripe, that’s 23%. Even Ben Wallace can laugh about that.
- Sheed not only was the player of the game putting up 21 with 8 boards, 2 assists and a blocked shot, he did one heck of a job defending Yao Ming , who was 9-21 on the night.
- “Ticky-tack fouls,” Wallace said. “This man’s (Yao’s) 300 pounds, and they talk about how I bodied him up. I fouled him with the body. What the hell, I’m supposed to let him get to the lane?”
- I really can’t even count how many times we heard “ball don’t lie”, in fact he was so loud you could probably heard Sheed with your TV off.
- Maxiell was solid again off the bench and took it to Yao right when he stepped on the floor. Him making a floater over the top of Yao was just beautiful. Maxie finished with 9 points 13 boards in 32 minutes on the floor.
- Pistons fans in the house as usual.
- NBA Highlights of the game.
- UGH, sums this one up (thanks Steve).
- I don’t know if any of you caught the ESPN pre-game show, but Bill Walton whent to a new level of dumbery (i know it’s not a word, but it’s fitting). When asked about TJ Ford he actually said that the choice needs to be taken out of his hands and someone needs to tell him he should retire.>>>>Thank goodness Stephen A. set him straight, I never thought I would say that Stephen A. was the voice of reason. I told you it was a weird night.
- The Pistons bench scored 11 points……9 of them were Maxiell’s.
- McGrady and Yao took 46 shots between them.
- I’m just so impressed by Maxiell’s go hard every play attitude. He actually can’t fly under the radar anymore, I’m sure opposing teams have their eyes on him now and know they have to be careful when he’s out there. The man is intimidating isn’t he?
- Sheed was called for a ridiculous tech (his 3rd of the season) after jawing with his good friend Bonzi Wells after Wells chest bumped him following a layup. “He came up into me,” Wallace said, “and it’s a tech on me. It’s all right. I gotta get that rescinded.” Gotta love Sheed.
- Scary incident when Dyess went down in the fourth quarter. All I could think of was please don’t let it be a knee. He went to the locker room after he rolled his ankle coming down on Sheed’s foot, Taped it up and came back into the game. Lets hope this doesn’t last and he will be ok.
- I was so turned off by ESPN (I am a local broadcast kinda gal) I skipped HD to watch our beloved Blaha. If you know me that’s a big deal, I have been known to watch just about anything if it’s broadcast in HD, and I mean anything.
- Rasheed could be so much more. Thanks to all the members of Team N4S for making sure I don’t miss anything Sheed related, especially Isaac.
- Worst offensive night of the season for the Pistons.
- Let me know if I missed any relevant comments made on the ESPN broadcast.
- I feel for the members of Team Need4Sheed that were in the house. This one was rough to watch with a painful finish.
- Next up Atlanta at The Palace Friday night.