Detroit had their way in Memphis leading the Grizzles by as much as 24 points, until a fourth quarter surge by the Grizzlies dwindled the Pistons lead to just 7 points with two minutes left in the game. The Pistons regained control behind the great play of Chauncey and Rip for a final score of 113-103.
- A blowout in the making, especially when the Pistons started out the game shooting 66% in the first quarter. You have to give credit to Memphis, who really made it a game in the fourth.
- Jason Maxiell started the game in place of Rasheed Wallace who wasn’t feeling well, but Sheed did come off the bench to score 8 points on 3-for-11 shooting with 5 boards, 2 assists and 2 blocked shots.
- Darko started off the game on fire for Memphis, scoring 12 early, but slowing down the rest of the way after he tweaked an ankle that had been bothering him. Good for Darko, this is his chance to shine. Most of all he’s got the starting spot he’s always wanted and if that’s what he needed to motivate him then he got his chance to show that he was worthy of “the pick.”
- Rip and Chauncey again combined for big numbers putting up 55 points between them.
- Chauncey dominated this one with a season high 28 points on 7-for-15 shooting with a whopping 14 assists, 5 boards and three steals. It was simply fun to watch Chauncey run the show last night, when he puts up a double-double the Pistons are hard to beat.
- Unfortunately the Pistons slept on Memphis in the fourth quarter so the starting 5’s usual vacation in the fourth quarter didn’t materialize.
- Tayshaun was great, not only did he have a few highlight makes, but he held Mike Miller to just 5 points on the night. Prince scored 19 with 7 boards, 5 assists and a blocked shot. I almost forgot, he was a perfect 6-for-6 from the stripe.
- The Pistons took away the Grizzlies 3 point shot. Memphis averages 22 per game and Detroit held them to just 14(they made 5).
- 19 Piston fast break points, Detroit played The Grizzlies game better than they did. Memphis had just 4.
- Sheed’s fade away make with a minute and a half left in the game was the clincher.
- Rip was great again, 27 points on 11-for-16 shooting, with 5 boards, 3 assists, a steal and a blocked shot, he also helped limit Mike Miller’s scoring. Chauncey and Rip have really been playing well together the past couple of games and it’s showing on the court and in the box score.
- Rudy Gay Tayshauned a Rip layup, I have to say it was nice.
- Tons of Pistons fans in the house, I especially loved the girl with the “I Love George Blaha” sign.
- Rebound war lost 42-38.
- DNP for Flip Murray.
- NBA.com Highlights of the game.
- Chauncey and Rip outscored the starting Grizzlies’ backcourt, 55-8.
- Solid seven minutes from Arron Afflalo who scored just 4, but his ability to get into the lane and make difficult layups is a nice thing to have coming off the bench.
- Jason Maxiell, Jason Maxiell, Jason Maxiell….. He’s just everything and more than we thought he would be. He scored 15 points, on 7 of 8 shooting and was a perfect 1-for-1 from the line. Maxie also grabbed 5 boards with a blocked shot, but most of all he knows how to break free of the defense, leaving himself open for easy buckets. Maxiell Dunking on two 7 footers……priceless.
- I forgot to mention this a few days ago… When I was at the Palace Locker Room store one of the employees there told me that (when I had him pull down a Maxiell jersey for me) Maxiell’s Jersey is the #1 seller at the Palace! Maxie has taken over Chaunceys’ top spot in sales. That to me says it all.
- 50% from the floor for the Pistons on the night.
- A bit of a scare for the Pistons when Jarvis Hayes limped off the court after what seemed to be a muscle pull, but thankfully he returned to the game a bit later.
- I hope TJ Ford is ok. He went out of the game last night on a stretcher after a flagrant foul.
- The Pistons are a quarter of the way through the season.
- McDyess, as solid as ever, even when he’s not putting up big numbers.
- Maxiell is just like Popeye… a solid foundation of Spinach and Milk says his mom.
- We aren’t the only ones who think Sheed needs his own TV show.
- We do it again tonight in Houston and I know quite a few members of Team Need4Sheed will be there.
- Packed to the MAX with highlights.
Courtesy of The Detroit Pistons and FSN Detroit
- UPDATE: Rasheed at 3AM with Bonzi at ihop….Check out the comments of this post.
great win!go billups go MAX go tay go rip GO Pistons! 😀 by the way, does anyone know when Rodney Stuckey is coming back?
Let’s be honest, no matter what Darko does, he’ll never be worthy of “the pick.”
Eric… I’m on the same page, Darko will never be worthy in my eyes of that pick even if he turns out to be a superstar for the simple fact he did nothing to show that he wanted to play when he was here. He expected to be handed minutes and when he didn’t get them he sulked, complained and didn’t try when he was out there.
Could have been his age and the new surroundings but he still didn’t do what it took to win a spot.
I do however wish him well, he does actually have some talent.
Crazy story coming:
I was studying last night for a final I had today and decided to get a good nights sleep. I got a call at 3:30 in the morning from my cousin in Texas:
Him:”Dude, did the Pistons play the Rockets tonight?”
Me:”WTF. IT’S 3:30 am. No, they played the grizzlies today, they play the rockets tomorrow night.”
Him:”Oh, that makes sense too. Cause I’m at iHop right now and I think RASHEED WALLACE is sitting across from me!”
Me:*fully awake* “!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”
Turns out it was Sheed and Bonzi having a night on the town. Good ole Blazer days!
haha that would be awesome.. just sittin there eating and look up and sheed is sitting a table in front of you eating a pancake hahaha
hahaha omg anynon. 11:43 am, i would get out my bed, drag my dad’s a** out the house and buy a ticket 2 Houston, lol jk. But that is awesome. To c 2 NBA players @ 3 in the morning eating @ i-hop (i am officially going 2 i-hop for breakfast and c if i can catch some Detroit players, lol)
oh yeah p.s check out that story on that boy who has some kind of disease and he got a chance to meet Ben Wallace @ tha pistons bulls game. He is a huge Pistons fan but i guess ben is his favorite player. it’s kind of touching
LET’S GO PISTONS AND LET’S GET THAT SHIP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 2007-2008 IT’S OUR TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ALL BOUT DETROIT BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Agreed Natalie. I always pulled for him as did Pistons fans as a whole. He turned out to be punk, so now he gets treated like one.
apparently max as a starter = foul trouble. that’s ok, we roll deep like that.
see what happens when we’re healthy. let’s stack one more on to that tonight against a t-mac-less rocket squad. hope max dunks on yao… i’ma save that as a screen saver for sure.
Its great when Rips has it going on.
Its great when Chauncey has it going on.
When they both play like that, its a beautiful thing!!!!!!!
Man I hate stories like that TJ Ford one. Makes me want to cry. I hope he is ok. I don’t really know that much about the guy, but to have that happen to him is awful. We should all be very thankful for our health, the health of our family, friends, and even those we don’t know personally. You just never know what could happen on any given day. I will be praying for TJ and his family that everything turns out ok for him/them. Get well soon TJ!!
Hopefully Sheed isn’t too tired for the game from his night out 🙂
I once saw ‘sheed at wal-mart. AND i got his autograph.
thats not the first story i have heard of rasheed going on a late night excursion… try rams horn in troy at 3am…
I WONT TO SEE MAXILE START THE GAME GO PISTONS