The Pistons saw their five game winning streak come to an end last night after a 98-91 loss to The Chicago Bulls at home. Chauncey Billups and Rip Hamilton combined for 51 points, but besides the two nothing else seemed to be working for Detroit who were out hustled by a Bulls team that have been fair at best.
- Rebound war lost 51-39. I know they have Ben Wallace, but most of the game Detroit had a bigger lineup on the floor.
- Sheed started the game hot but cooled off considerably. He finished the game with 18 and 7 boards. Three for seven from 3 point range….I was begging him to play down low all night long but it just didn’t happen.
- Can someone please tell me why Rip got another Tech?
- Why didn’t Flip Murray get some minutes, his speed and D could have helped stop Nocioni.
- Chauncey led the team with 27 points and 7 assists. This was one of those games that Billups needed to step up his game earlier when nobody was hitting.
- Seriously, did it have to be Nocioni who lit us up for 22. What was with him pointing to his shoes after he got called for a travel? He looked like an idiot.
- Ben Wallace decided to hit 8 of his 9 free throws.
- Amir Johnson might have been able to spark something with his athleticism, he was a DNP
- The whole Palace crowd was laughing hysterically when Ben missed a dunk.
- I hate to say it, but right from the start I knew The Pistons didn’t come to play.
- 42 minutes for Rip, 33 for Billups, 37 for Tay and 40 for Sheed.
- McDyess, who we can always count on, didn’t have it. He was just 2-10.
- Note to Jarvis Hayes (0-4): Quit throwing up shots just for the sake of getting them up. You know you can take your time and get set up better, don’t you?
- Had it not been for Rip’s timely makes, this would probably have been a blowout. Hamilton scored 24 on 9-for-17 shooting.
- Where did Tayshaun disappear to the last few games? He only put up 4 last night, but he grabbed 8 boards with 4 assists.
- I was so excited to pick up my SHEED retro jersey, but unfortunately for me the only players The Palace Locker Room Store had in stock were Tayshaun and Rip.
- Stuckey’s still not ready to play.
- 39% shooting just isn’t going to do it.
- Where did Joakim Noah learn how to dribble? It’s almost comical watching him.
- At the start of the fourth the Pistons were down just one but it quickly became an 8 point Bulls lead when the Pistons just couldn’t hit their shots.
- The Bulls Joe Smith who was a number one draft pick in 1995 helped Chicago by grabbing 13 boards.
- That 1995 NBA draft went like this:
1. Joe Smith
2. Antonio McDyess
3. Jerry Stackhouse
4. Rasheed Wallace
5. Kevin Garnett
- Don’t panic Piston fans, it’s just one game and we are still sitting on top of the Central.
- I almost didn’t recognize Maxiell who shaved his head and was wearing a headband last night. Maxiell got into early foul trouble so his time was limited on the floor. He scored 6 with 4 boards.
- Best part of the game for me: I saw an older woman in her 70’s in the crowd with a Rasheed Wallace jersey on. Big deal right? Well, this was an old Ben Wallace jersey and instead of most people using tape of a permanent marker to put a 6 next to the 3, she went all out and had a large 6 sewn on underneath the 3 like this..
- Highlights of the game.
- Did I miss anything pertinent that was said on the ESPN or WDIV broadcasts? Seems like most Pistons fan’s didn’t seem to like what Van Gundy had to say except for his comments about Rasheed. Did ESPN mention the great play of Jason Maxiell?
- Lets put this one behind us, we simply got outplayed, but it’s only one game. I’m just a bit upset the streak is gone and we lost the first time out in the retro jerseys.
- Bobcats tomorrow at the Palace.
She was holding up a sign that said….No Bull Ben, we love The Pistons! But most importantly she was a nun in her habit. For someone who went to 12 years of Catholic School it was priceless, and she was a huge fan to boot. I would have loved to have gone up to talk to her and snap a picture, but I didn’t get the chance to.