The Sunday early evening game at the Palace looked like it was going to be a battle. The Pistons and Nets traded baskets in the first, ending the quarter with the two teams tied at 27. The Pistons pulled away with a 10 point lead at the half and never looked back. With the final score of 118-95 they added New Jersey to the list recent Pistons blowout victims.
- Six Pistons in double figures.
- Rasheed likes to throw things at Jason Maxiell.
- I hope you didn’t forget I was campaigning for Jason Maxiell as Sixth Man Of The Year…. Who do I call about that?
- I haven’t seen the offense flowing this well in years.
- Jason Maxiell sparked the team as soon as his Nike’s hit the hardwood. Maxiell recorded a double-double with 18 points, 11 rebounds, 3 blocked shots, and an assist while going 6-for-10 from the line. Saying Jason brings the house down every time he touches the ball is an understatement. Ninety percent of his baskets and rebounds come on hustle plays. While watching him the past couple of games I brewed up a new nickname for him. If you’ve watched him you will know why I’m anointing him THE PUTBACK KING!
- “I think Maxie is better coming off the bench, because the refs tend to call games tight early, and he was picking up early fouls,” Pistons coach Flip Saunders said. “Now he’s in there a little later, and he’s able to be more aggressive.”
- Seven blocks on the night for The Pistons. Who needs Ben right?
- Flip Murray game me fits tonight, how many times did he dribble it off his foot?
- Detroit was 6-for-19 from downtown.
- I have noticed that the Pistons don’t do well against the full court trap.
- Sheed played most of his game from the outside. He finished with 12 points, 6 boards, 2 assists, 2 blocked shots and a ton of rest and relaxation courtesy of the big lead.
- Jarvis Hayes has proven thus far to be a free agent steal. Hayes finished with 14 points on 7-for-13 shooting with 3 boards and an assist.
- Pistons shooting percentage continues to be solid. Detroit shot 56% from the floor to New Jersey’s 45%.
- Rip’s shooing touched has reemerged. He led the team with 19 points on 8-for-12 shooting.
- Never liked Richard Jefferson, still don’t. He finished with 21.
- Kidd dished out 16.
- Rip and Chauncey combined for 37 points.
- I got really nervous when Sheed looked like he was hurt in the third quarter but he limped down court and drained a three….SHEEDTastic!
- Nets Coach Lawrence Frank was assessed a Technical foul and Sheed chuckled and sat on the scorers table while they were sorting things out.
- Highlights from the game.
- Dyess is still knocking them down and it’s darn right pretty.
- “It’s fun to play like this,” said Billups “We’re moving the ball well, and that’s the key for us.”
- Chauncey always seems to step up his game when he is up against elite players. Chauncey scored 18 with 9 assists.
- Jason Kidd speaks the truth: “We aren’t as good as Detroit,” Kidd said. “We were playing against a very good team, and we didn’t have any answers. It seemed like they made every shot, or if they didn’t, they got the offensive rebounds and put that in.” I do have to give it to Kidd, I just shake my head at some of the passes he makes.
- These kinds of games are helping the Pistons in so many ways. They are getting their offense flowing, getting rest for the starters and giving the bench valuable minutes.
- Afflalo just hustles whenever he’s out there.
- Have you noticed Maxiell’s new found confidence at the stripe?
- Fan favorite Amir Johnson logged 9 minutes scoring 2 points with 5 quick fouls.
- How about Flip Murray’s 3 to close the game.
- Highest Pistons point total of the year.
- I know, I know it’s all about Maxiell, but his one handed putback jam was phenomenal.
The putback King, I love it!
Maxiell is a beast!
The Detroit Pistons- pushing it to the MAX!
Natalie, is there any way you can come up with a short clip of all of Maxiell’s highlights from the game? I mean NBA.com and NBA tv only show a dunk or two. His 3 blocks were emphatic, especially the blocked dunk attempt. He also had a few power dunks and a sweet step back jumper that should be highlighted. Would love to see them again!
Thanks in advance if you can! 😀
This was a sweet sweet game to watch. From the pre-game interview (which was priceless!) to the final 3 Piston points went in the bucket. I almost had to miss it, but I am so glad I didn’t! AWESOME!!!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY LINDSEY!! Way to be a pest on D!
flip murray drives me insane he needs to go along with nazr
i love the video….thanks =]
“You boo me because you fear me.” hahah did anyone else read this on detroitnews.com? it was lebrons comment on the detroit fans….GOD i boo him bc hes a little bitch not beacsse i fear him.
yeah if thats what you gotta say to not let it get to you (aka become a ron artest) then go ahead and keep fooling yourself.
hahaha dear lebron, I boo you because you’re full of yourself and your nail-biting is quite gross.
So then the cavs fans must be DEAD AFRAID of the Pistons then, because they went ALL OUT to boo us, with their shirts and everything. That also means that the world fears the Pistons, since everybody hates us so much. There you have it.
Did you all see this quote:
“Our identity is having him make plays for us.” Drew Gooden on BronBron after they lost, 70-80 to Boston. LBJ did not play. (thanks again, Nazr!)
Hahahahahahhahah!!!! Pathetic. What a loser. I think the Cavs have serious identity/self-confidence issues. Er, except for the “King”, that is. Can’t wait to boo his a@@ in March!
I love it Richie.
Paul – I will see what I can do.
As for LJ and the gang…Get over yourselves. I thought their slogan was One for all and all for one, how fitting.
1 hour till BTPH video!!
….at least i hope so.
hey natalie, can you get a clip of the Maxiell put back dunk?
Isaac, click the Highlight of the game link in the post. It’s in there and it’s fantastic.
can you get that song they played last night?( the new pistons one)
Sue, I don’t know what song your referring to.
Oh i forgot to mention…Flip Murry, makes me wanna scream at the tv.. usually i do when he is on the floor.
last night he was not good, not good at all
you are not kobe, flip!
stop playing like you are…
Natalie, i will re-watch the game and put some of the words on here so maybe you can find it…
give me a few… thank you…
it was before tip off… Im not sure if you have the game on tape…it was right after Max the interview.( the song it mentions fox sports network)
I hope that helps
it goes something like the following…
“detroit detroit.. pistons detroit, detroit pistons….stand up hands up motown ……”
Maxiell is the king of nicknames:
The Putback King
the only thing im sad with iz rip n chauncey’s ppg, ther toooooooo lowww
anyways the rest iz amazing
bpth still paly good
the future is rising
i love him, such a great player