The Pistons added another W to their record last night handily beating The Bucks 117-91. It was a balanced attack for Detroit who had five players in double figures putting the game out of reach early in the third quarter when Chauncey Billups scored 10 of his 18 points on the night.
- Chauncey scored 18 points with 9 assists in 32 minutes but his highlight real was what we really should talk about. He had two fantastic behind the back passes, one to Rip and one to Tay, that had me rewinding my Tivo. A three from downtown that might as well have been shot at half court and a couple a hand changing layup (Jordanesque) that will probably be on his permanent highlight reel.
- The alway rock solid McDyess only shot the ball three times.
- The Pistons bench is getting quality minutes.
- Flip Murray….16 points on 7-for-9 shooting, 2 assists and a steal in just 10 minutes. Now that’s a sub of the night.
- These three ridiculous blocks (two from Maxiell and on from Dyess) came within a matter of minutes of each other. It used to surprise me how high Maxi got when trying to block a shot, but now I just come to expect it.
- The Bucks shot 55% from the floor to Detroit’s 51%.
- Surprisingly Michael Redd took just 6 shots.
- Rip played with a protective sleeve on his right hyper-extended elbow. He scored 8 points but his defense was a reason why Redd took just 6.
- Afflalo played 20 minutes and has come to be solid off the bench, especially on the D.
- Richard Hamilton and Desmond Mason got into a little scuffle underneath the basket. Nothing really come of it. It looked like Mason gave a bit of an elbow shove to Rip why trying to defend him in the paint. Double technicals were handed out.
- The Pistons might send Samb down to the D league for some playing time.
- The Pistons shot 88% from the line!
- Highlights from the game. I can’t get enough of the Maxiell putback.
- A SHEEDTasic double-double game for Rasheed with 15 points 10 boards (8 of them came in the first quarter) and a blocked shot. If you missed his dunk and subsequent stare down of YI and Bogut…..I feel for you.
- Someone in Milwaukee put a Billups jersey on the Bucks Mascot and passed it around the crowd, it was great. Here is the Video for you.
- Tons of highlight from Jason Maxiell who was simply great. Maxi scored 13 with 9 boards and 2 block but it was his dunks that had jaws dropping, but don’t they always?
- Nazr was 3-for-4 from the floor for 6 points and 3 boards in 12 minutes.
- The Pistons had an easy time of this game because their defense was on from the start.
- Who designed the Bucks new logo and their uni’s, Mrs. Clause?
- The Pistons made the Bucks turn the ball over 19 times.
- Lindsey Hunter made a 4 minutes appearance to shake up the Bucks offense.
- Tayshaun Prince led the Pistons with 20 points in 25 minutes. I was shocked when I looked at the box score and realized he didn’t have a single rebound.
We are doing it again early this evening against the Nets, tip off is at 6 PM at home.