You bet your life it does…..
The Pistons take on The Cleveland Cavaliers tonight for the first time this regular season since being ousted by them from the Playoffs six months ago. When a so called “payback” game comes up on the schedule we usually get the same old answer to the question “Does this game matter more?”
This time Chauney Billups strayed a bit from the standard, it’s just another game on the schedule of a long season answer.
“I don’t think you ever get past it,” Billups said. “I haven’t gotten past losing to San Antonio (in the 2005 NBA Finals) yet. You never really get past it. You just deal with it.” Via MLive
You ask any Pistons fans what they want out of tonights game and off the top of my head I would say that 90% of the answers would be BLOOD! The other 10% would be “total and utter annihilation.”
Lets hope Flip Saunders has some sort of game plan going into tonights game. Is he going to set some kind of defensive plan in action to limit opponents dribble penetration? Is he going to double team LeBron who has been single handedly carrying his team on his shoulders averaging 31 points per game? Will he limit Sheed’s minutes in his first game back since his knee problems?
Rip and Rasheed should be ready and in the lineup tonight. Do you actually think Sheed would miss this one?
In my eyes a lot of things must happen to ensure the Pistons come out with a W tonight.
- Chauncey needs to show that he is the elite point guard.
- Rip Hamilton needs to start getting shots off the curl instead of trying to create his own shots. Play your game Rip and things will fall into place.
- Limit Cleveland on the offensive glass.
- Contain LeBron and let the role players do whatever they may.
- Maxi and Dyess need to help gobble up boards.
- Tayshaun needs to dominate like we know he can.
- SHEED – Redeem yourself! When you do, the rest of us will be right there with you.
I am excited for the game, I even upgraded my tickets to be closer to the action. I am donning new Pistons attire for the first time tonight and expect every Piston fan in the building to be ready to do their jobs.
Some obnoxious Cavs fans have already started to stir things up for Pistons fans here at Need4Sheed, so more than ever I’m leaving things up to you, Team Need4Sheed, to set things right in the comments.
Here’s to Piston red, white and blue.
On a side note, how fitting is it that Sheed is on Tonights Ticket.