The Pistons once again couldn’t seem to figure out how to beat The Utah Jazz Sunday afternoon at The Palace of Auburn Hills. Carlos Boozer put up a season high 36 points and 11 boards for a Utah Jazz team that hasn’t lost a game to the Pistons since the 2004-2005 season.
- Final score 103-93.
- Rasheed Wallace rested his sore knee with Jason Maxiell starting in his place.
- First home loss of the season for the Pistons, who are now 8-and-5 on the season sitting in second place behind the Bucks in the Central division.
- Flip Saunders was tossed from the game late in the third quarter after receiving two techs for arguing with referee Marc Davis.
- Terry Porter, who took over for Saunders, took note of Detroit’s lack of defense.
Hopefully the coaching staff address the defense asap. I have been concerned about it all season, in fact I even talked about it on Sports Extra with Bennie and Jeff Sunday night after the game.
“We never did a good enough job as far as what we needed defensively.”
- Richard Hamilton, despite flu like symptoms was in the lineup. Rip put up 17 points on 6-for-16 shooting with 7 assists and 4 rebounds. He still doesn’t look like his usual self just yet, but he was 2 for 2 from downtown, both shots coming when the Pistons needed a bucket.
- Five in a row for The Jazz against The Pistons.
- Boozer was 17 for 20 from the floor and Deron Williams looked like an Allstar with 21 points and 14 assists. I have actually been voting for him on the west side of the All Star Ballot. Have you voted yet today?
- I wonder if Jerry Sloan would like a change of scenery.
- The game was back and forth in the first quarter, but Detroit couldn’t keep the Jazz out of the paint in the second. Utah went on a 20-7 run to finish the first half. With Rasheed on the sidelines the middle looks like an easy target to get to for opponents.
- Sheed has been helping from the sidelines, he wasn’t happy with all the jump shots his team was taking. “(Bleep) all those jumpshots,” Wallace told them. “Go to the basket!” Thank you Sheed.
- 14 rebounds and 7 points for Nazr Mohammed in 17 minutes. Solid game when the Pistons needed it.
- Flip Murray a painful 0-for-7 from the floor.
- Just 3 minutes for Afflalo. No Johnson or Samb, in fact the starters played heavy minutes.
- Frightening isn’t it?!? Too bad this one got stuffed. 6 boards, 2 blocks and 11 points for Maxi.
- Double – Double for Dyess who was big again, he led the Pistons with 19 points and 12 boards.
- Rebound war was even at 42.
- Even Mike Abdenour got a tech from the bench.
- I know many of you didn’t like the officiating, it seems as though even Nazr Mohammed had something to say about how the calls were going.
- What can Detroit do to stop dribble penetration?
- Highlights from the game.
- The Pistons 10 games in.
- Jarvis understands why he’s not getting 20 plus minutes. He’s been solid all season long off the bench. He put up 8 points against Utah.
- Deron got the best of Mr. Big Shot who probably taught him a little too much when they were on teammates this summer on Team USA .
- Cleveland is up next Wednesday night at The Palace.