The Pistons started and ended strong Wednesday night at The Palace, beating the struggling Knicks 98-86. Chauncey Billups took control of the game from start to finish, scoring a season high 25. The Pistons reserves struggled in the second quarter and let the Knicks get within one after being up 15, but Detroit took control at halftime and New York never really got close again.
- Good things always happen when the game starts out like this.
- Chauncey Billups had 10 assists in the first quarter, one short of a Pistons record held by Isiah Thomas for most assists in a quarter. When Billups wasn’t on the floor for the Pistons, the Knicks took it to Detroit.
- The +/- in the box score was ridiculous for the Pistons. Chauncey was +36, Dyess was +23, Tay +28, Sheed +17.
- Rip is still trying to find his way. He finished with 12 points on 5-11 shooting with 8 assists and 6 turnovers.
- Sheed sat out the second half with a sore knee, Nazr Mohammed did a fine job in his place. Nothing yet on his condition.
- Double-Double for Chauncey, 25 points on 7-for-13 shooting, 15 assists, 4 rebounds, 3 takeaways, a blocked shot and ZERO turnovers. Great night for Mr. Big Shot.
- Antonio McDyess had an GREAT game, in fact he couldn’t miss. He started the game strong and they fed him the ball whenever he was open, which was very often. Dyess had a season high 20, playing with a protective sleeve in his first game back from injury. I am not exaggerating when I say that most of his shots were so dead on that they barely touched the net.
- “I feel it give me a lot more support,” MyDyess said. “Shooting-wise, it doesn’t bother me because it definitely is my left arm. But going up, it supports my arm from going back so much, and I think it gives me a little confidence in my shoulder just wearing it.” Via Hoopsworld.com
- Great Rip to Tayshaun ally oop in the first quarter.
- Tayshaun Prince seems to be in quite a groove, his shots were going down easily and he TAYSHAUND (signature block) Nate Robinson so hard it sent him to the ground.
- The bench didn’t play well, I wouldn’t be surprised if Flip makes sure there is a starter on the floor with them until they get it going.
- It was nice to see the offense running smoothly.
- I am still quite worried about the Pistons defense, or lack there of, but they did hold the Knicks to double digits.
- Jason Maxiell had 3 nice blocks and a thunder jam that brought the house down.
- Rebounding war lost 41 to 36.
- No Samb, and surprisingly only 10 minutes for Jarvis Hays, most of which came when the game was already put away. Amir played just five.
- The Palace crowd gave Isiah a nice round of applause, myself included.
- The Pistons had this one at the half, even without Sheed.
- NBA.com highlights.
- Tayshuan is quiet even when he’s giving…. A Prince among men.
- For everyone who celebrates Thanksgiving, I am wishing you a safe and Happy Holiday to you and your family, and I am sure if Sheed could, he would too.