The Pistons opened up their 50th season with solid 91 – 80 win on the road against Miami. In a game with D Wade in street clothes and Rip Hamilton tending to family matters Tayshaun Prince was the story of the night. The Prince of
The Palace Everywhere put up a career high 34 points and grabbed 12 boards (matching his career best) adding a steal and a assist in 43 minutes for Detroit.
- Afflalo played 14 minutes in Miami in Hamilton’s place in the starting lineup. He looked solid, though his first drive to the lane was blocked. He finished with 3 points an assist and a steal on his first official night in his NBA.
- Yes we all wanted to clock Shaq when he threw Chauncey to the ground when going for a rebound.
- If any of you have a Tivo or DVR the next time Shaq is on the floor please fast forward his free throws and watch how the bounce off the rim, it’s comical.
- A little Tay at point is always nice.
- Sheed looks hungry and committed this season right off the start which is just what the Pistons need. 11 points, 2 assists but most importantly he was a beast on D, 7 rebounds, 2 blocks and 2 steals taking Shaq down low all by himself.
- Was it just me or where any of you surprised to see Nazr Mohammed come off the bench first to replace McDyess? Nazr was SOLID, which was really nice to see.
- We are all hoping that this is going to be Tayshaun’s year. I am even convinced that he’s going to make the All Star team this season.
- Pistons shot 38% from the floor to Miami’s 44%.
- It was nice to see Tay step up when the Pistons were having a hard time knocking it down. So much is said about his defense but he let the world know last night that he can take control of the game on both ends.
- “I told him (Prince) before the game, ‘You’ve got to go, man, you’ve got to go, you’ve got to go,’ ” said Chauncey Billups, “He was awesome. He’s capable of doing that a lot.”
- I’m not trying to sound bitter but, I was watching ESPN this morning and when the update came on and it was time for them to show the Pistons – Miami game, they showed about 5 clips of Shaq either scoring or getting called for the offensive foul. One clip of Tay’s 34 point night. Isn’t that just the way…..
- Rickey Davis the best thing in Miami now? 23 points on 10-for-19 shooting.
- I still can’t stand Haslem and I know I would have to stand in line to get a chance to smack that smug grin off Mourning’s face.
- Smush Parker, love the name but he’s got to take control of his game. I have always been in his corner since he was on the Pistons but I am not sure he’s ever going to be a solid NBA player.
- Jarvis Hayes is looking like a solid pick up. I was a little worried about his defensive abilities but he looked solid. I think we may have a consistent backup for The Prince.
- Chauncey’s stat line really surprised me. He actually had a double – double with 19 points and 11 assists.
- Flip Murry is going to contribute, like I said before I am officially on the bandwagon.
- McDyess was very quiet on the floor, 4 points and 4 rebounds with a blocked shot.
- Maxiell will take it to anyone at anytime. Recognize
- The Pistons turned 17 Heat turnovers into 28 points.
- I was a little upset with the scoring droughts at times, I hope it’s not a problem as it has been in the past.
- Tayshaun dominated no matter who they put on him. I was surprised they didn’t double him up.
- I missed the Blaha broadcast, but I always enjoy Kenny, Chuck and Ernie. The whole Reggie Miller and “The Block” thing is just getting old. I like to see the clip but the bit is just not funny anymore.
- The Miami crowd abandoned their team early, with the score still pretty close they filed out of the building as if they were giving away free shots of botox outside the building.
- I really liked the new shooting shirts with the 50th logo on them. I haven’t seen them in the store yet but I did pick this up the other day at the Palace.
- Congrats to Rip the new addition to his family. Check out this highlight video of the game with Tay’s congratulatory wishes, provided by Team Need4Sheed.
- Tonight… The Darkoless Orlando Magic and Detroit, tip off at 7 PM. From what has been said, Rip will be with the team in Orlando.