Pistons led most of the way in this one, but The Nuggets made the game close early in the fourth quarter and kept it tight until the final seconds. The Pistons pulled it out, but what most Pistons fans should be concerned about is Rip Hamilton, who rolled his left ankle in the third quarter and left for the locker room. Looks like he has a sprain, but thankfully the x-rays were negative. No time line yet for his return.
UPDATE: Rip will not play in Grand Rapids Monday, Flip Murray will start in his place. No further detail on his condition or return just yet. Mlive
- Jarvis Hayes was HOT, he led the Pistons with 24.
- No Iverson, Martin, Nene or Anthony in this one.
- Denver plays exactly the same they did last season, they like to push the ball.
- Lindsey Hunter made an appearance, scoring 7 points in seven minutes.
- I was actually nauseous when Rip went down, the last thing any of us want is a meaningless preseason injury to one of our most important players.
- No minutes for Cheikh.
- The rooks are having a hard time holding on to big leads.
- Good to see Chuckey Atkins, always liked him.
- Double-Double for Jason Maxiell, who scored 16 with 11 boards along with a blocked shot. Boy he’s fun to watch, reminds me of the energy Dennis Rodman used to bring when he was in the zone.
- Jarvis again led the team in minutes (33) and points, we also learned that he can knock down the three. He was 4-for-6 from downtown and let me tell you this guy is not afraid to take the shot.
- Pistons didn’t have great shooting numbers, 39 % from the floor and 38 % from long range.
- The Pistons out rebounded Denver 46-43.
- Anthony Roberson, from Saginaw, who’s trying to secure a spot on the Nuggets team looks like he deserves one after putting up 22.
- Stacey Augmon is still getting a paycheck.
- Flip Murray shot a nice ally-oop pas to Afflalo.
- Sheed was 1-for-9 with 4 rebounds, a block and a steal. At least he didn’t get another tech.
- Let’s not forget about Tayshaun Prince, who was all over the place scoring 19 with 6 rebounds and an assist in just 18 minutes.
- Speaking of TP, he blocked 4 shots. Maybe he getting strength from his hair, Tay loooks like he hasn’t had a haircut since last season.
- Maxiell knocked down both of his free throws in the closing seconds of the game. It’s the preseason, but we need him to do that in pressure situations. Stuckey also knocked down his free trows to clinch the game.
- I could watch Maxiell dunk all day long. Even if it’s an easy put up.
- Maxiell looked like he was really trying to rip down boards.
- The guards are trying to help out on the boards, even Flip Murray pulled down 6.
- I am excited to head over to Grand Rapids to meet up with Bennie and Jeff for the Pistons -Nuggets game II Wednesday night.