I must admit that last nights game against the Jazz was not that exiting to be at. So for all of you who are upset the game wasn’t televised, you didn’t miss much. Once again Utah seems to know how to beat the Pistons. When was the last time we actually beat them (FEB 13 2005)?
- The Pistons got massacred on the boards 38-55.
- “Our two bigs are great jump shooters, but that means the rest of us have to help them out in the boards,” Billups said. “We didn’t do that tonight.”
- Cheikh Samb logged 18 minutes because the Pistons big men Johnson and Mohammed are both out with injures. Samb looked comfortable out on the floor going 3-for-5 for 6 points with a blocked shot and 5 boards. He eventually fouled out of the game, not what you want to see when your only out there for less than 20 minutes.
- The game has absolutely no flow, the refs called this one tight. 59 total fouls in the game.
- Jarvis Hayes led the Pistons in minutes (31) as well as points with 16 he also grabbed 4 boards. I really like what I have seen so far from Hayes. He should be a solid backup for T-Prince.
- Rodney Stuckey had somewhat of a hard night, He was 3-for-10 with 11 points and had 4 turnovers. You have to remember he’s learning so we have to look at the good things. He had 2 steals a blocked shot and 7 assists in 29 minutes. He was also in foul trouble and ended the game with 5.
- “We played some of our reserves a lot of minutes, and those guys were really out of gas at the end,” Saunders said after his team was outscored 66-39 in the second half. “It was tough for them.”
- I was a bit surprised that I didn’t see much of Afflalo who only played 7 minutes.
- Sammy Mejia had a chance on the floor played 12 minutes with a rebound an assist and a turnover on 0-for-1 shooting. Apparently he sprained his ankle a week before training camp so they are being careful with him.
- Cheikh Samb looks thinner in person.
- Rebounding is going to be a real issue this season.
- “One player must be trimmed before the regular season, and Mejia and small forward Ronald Dupree are on the bubble.” Via The Detroit Free Press
- Let’s hope that Sheed is getting his technical fouls out of the way. He did put 12 points with 3 blocked shots and 3 rebounds before he got tossed.
- Speaking of Sheed, I saw him the other day at the mall and just like the last time my boy Mike D saw him, he was wearing his tattered Portland Trailblazers sweatpants. Gotta love that guy.
- Sunday’s game against The Nuggets is at the Palace and broadcast on FSN Plus at 6:00 PM.