According to Chris McCosky of the Detroit News it looks like Rasheed is going to move over to center and Antonio McDyess will start at the PF position come next season.
“Nothing is etched in stone, of course. But, after talking to Flip Saunders, the plan going into training camp is to have Antonio McDyess playing power forward alongside Rasheed Wallace on the first unit.”
Now there are a lot of things that happens if McDyess is in the Starting Five:
- First and foremost it that’s a solid sign that C-Webb will not be returning.
- It means more minutes for Jason Maxiell.
- More minutes for Amir Johnson.
- It leaves Nazr Mohammed burred on the bench as he was the second half of last season.
- It forces teams to guard McDyess and take the pressure off of Rasheed when he works down low.
- It makes tons of Pistons fans happy who have suggested this since the departure of that other Wallace.
- More bounce off the bench, especially if Jason Maxiell is the first one in.
- “The problem will come when the Pistons face the few over-sized centers left in the league, like Shaq and Yao. Mohammed, it would appear, would be tapped for extra duty against those types of players (taking over the Dale Davis, Elden Campbell role of past teams).” McCosky
- It looks like Sheed is all for the move, he’s been working hard in the off season dropping 25 pounds and working out every day at the Pistons practice facility.
- He looks so thin that Joe Dumars has nicknamed him Slim Jim.
I couldn’t be happier about the move, even though Joe Dumars didn’t make a huge move in the off season this looks like a New Look Pistons Team that can contend for a title.