Team USA routed Puerto Rico Tuesday night 117-78. Tayshaun Prince played 19 minutes in the win, putting up 7 points and grabbing 6 rebounds. It was nice to see Prince battle back so quickly from the ankle sprain he suffered Sunday night.
- After last nights win, The USA secured a spot in the semi finals.
- Lebron James led Team USA with 21 points on 8-for-10 shooting.
- Team USA is now 5 and 0.
- Bill Walton was his usual self. The man spouts meaningless drivel about anything and everything that doesn’t have to do with the game of basketball, when all I want to hear is play-by-play. When he does get in the important stuff (in the middle of his irrelevant stories) he almost seems bothered by it. AA
- Carmelo, in his quest to make a statement on what was a huge throw down dunk, slipped and fell on his way down. I laughed at first, but then just wanted to make sure he was ok.
- Deron Williams was 100% from the floor with 8 points. The kid can play.
- Our Mr. Big Shot was just 1-4 (25%) from the floor for 3 points and one assist in 14 minutes.
- Melo has something to prove on this USA team and he sure has impressed. He is the second leading scorer of the tournament averaging less than 20 minutes per game when all the others on the list are averaging 30 or above.
- Kobe forced some shots, but still put up 14 and continues to play excellent D.
- I really like Dwight Howard….. Amazing!
- The United States held the Puerto Ricans without a field goal for 6 1/2 minutes to open the second period, outscoring them 22-4 to turn an 11-point lead.
- If you wanted to visit Puerto Rico you should have watched this game, Walton went on about a five minute rant, spouting off names of cities like he lives there. Just what you want to listen to when Team USA is pulling off beautiful plays.
- Arroyo fouled out in the third quarter with 12 points.
- The United States plays Uruguay on Wednesday before closing second-round play.
- You can check out the highlights here.
- I must say, there have been quite a few Team USA plays that have really impressed.
- This team truly seem like they enjoy playing together.