The Pistons started off their Summer League with a 91-89 win in OT over the Sixers.
- Jason Maxiell, who shed about 30 pounds since we last saw him, led the Pistons with 22 points in 33 minutes. Maxi blocked two shots and went 8-for-11 from the charity stripe.
- Cheikh Samb played 21 minutes and was 3-for-4 from the floor for 6 points, with 7 rebounds and a blocked shot as the Pistons starting center.
- Rodney Stuckey and Arron Afflalo both scored 14 for the Pistons. Each looked good in their first outing in red white and blue.
- Sammy Mejia, the Pistons second round pick, was impressive. He scored 12 and put up a clutch 3 in OT to seal the win.
- Stuckey drove to the hole in the closing seconds of the game and made both of his free throws to tie the game.
- Amir Johnson DNP.
- If you are wondering about Alex Acker, he’s not on the Summer League Roster. Detroit Bad Boys informs us that he was released by his team in Greece and is currently out of a job. The Pistons still hold the rights to Acker.
- Bad Boy Summer Camp is reporting games first hand.
The Pistons Summer League Roster
- Arron Afflalo G 6-5
- Olimpio Cipriano G 6-4
- Eddy Fobbs C 6-11
- Ibrahim Jaaber G 6-2
- Amir Johnson F 6-9
- Jason Maxiell F 6-7
- Sammy Mejia G 6-6
- Laron Profit F 6-5
- Walker Russell G 6-0
- Cheikh Samb C 7-1
- Rodney Stuckey G 6-5
- Ali Traore F 6-9
- Joah Tucker G 6-5
The next game is Monday the 9th, you can watch live on NBA TV or Free online at NBA.com.