The Raptors beat The Pistons 87-84 Friday night in Toronto. Flip Saunders went with the bench in the second half and gave them this one to win or lose. Toronto went on a fourth quarter tear and the Pistons bench just couldn’t pull it out.
- Rip was on fire, he led the Pistons with 24 points in 26 minutes on 10-for 15 shooting.
- Chauncey didn’t even dress for this one. He is taking it easy after he got kneed Wednesday night against Orlando.
- This one was really fun to watch, it’s nice to see the youngsters play.
- The game was meaningless.
- Maxiell had an impressive dunk, which is no surprise.
- Sometimes I forget that Nazr Mohammed is a part of the team.
- Toronto’s Anthony Parker was killer from downtown, he hit 5 three pointers.
- I finally placed first in a Airplay game.
- The starters got a nice rest, they were cheering from the sidelines.
- Ryan from Hoopsaddict.com was at the game last night. Not only was he happy his Raps won, but he also attend the postgame chat with Herbie Khun who is the arena voice of the Raptors
- Amir Johnson played 18 minutes in this one. Though he didn’t tear it up like he was doing in the D league he scored
23 with 4 rebounds and a blocked shot.
- Most don’t care to watch these games that don’t really matter but I like to see how seldom used players like Amir and Dupree play.
- The Pistons were unstoppable in the first half. At one point they were shooting 65% from the floor.
- Delfino was solid, 21 minutes, 11 points, 4 rebounds and 3 assists.
- Nice to see Super Dupe get some time, he’s usually good for a highlight or two.
- Maxiell and Johnson denied Chris Bosh a jam. They credited Maxiell with the stuff.
- We need to think of a solid nickname for McDyess, he’s been so clutch it’s ridiculous.
- Think of the what a win would have done for the youngsters confidence.
- WDFN Chauncey Billups radio interview. Via MLive
- Amir is going to get plenty of minutes.
- I am excited to see how the bench plays against the Sixers tomorrow.