Detroit, led by Chris Webber’s 24 points topped The Sonics 101-97 Tuesday night in Seattle. The Pistons did their best to pull away from the Sonics late in the fourth quarter but Ray Allen wouldn’t let the game go, making long range threes look as easy as layups.
- All the Pistons starters were in double figures.
- Most all of Tayshaun’s 18 points came at crucial times in the game.
- Quiet night for Rip, just 10 points.
- The Pistons were out rebounded 30-38.
- Although Delfino scored just 4 points his 14 minutes on the floor couldn’t have been more productive. I am pretty sure he got just about every rebound and loose ball when he was out there.
- Seriously, Chris Webber has shown the world that he’s not the old man everyone made him out to be. He led the team with 24 points on 10-for-13 shooting with 8 rebounds, 6 assists and 2 steals. He’s been this teams MVP since he put on a Pistons uniform.
- Who would have thought that Chris Wilcox would get the best of The Pistons.
- Seattle played great.
- Ray Allen made some three’s down the stretch that has no business going in.
- Flip Murray did a great job filling in for Hunter. 8 points in 15 minutes with one assist. He even played late in the fourth until he threw up a brick and was immediately pulled for Rip.
- Maxiell a short 7 minutes.
- I don’t know what it is about Seattle’s Earl Watson. I think it’s the shape of his head or something, but he looks like a walking Bobblehead.
- After the game Seattle’s coach complained about his team not getting foul calls. When I looked at the box score it was 18-15, that’s only 3 more fouls called against Seattle than Detroit.
- The Pistons D looked great.
- Yet another game that the Pistons were in control of, but went down to the wire. Detroit was up 12 in the fourth.
- The Pistons shot 51% from the floor.
- Tons of Pistons fans in the crowd.
- Chauncey didn’t have a great night percentage wise. He shot 4-for-10 for 14 points but the late game three that pulled the Pistons away for good is why they call him Mr. Big Shot.
- Chris Webber loves the glass.
- C-Webb has had 93 points and 44 rebounds in the last five games.
- The Pistons have now won 3 in a row on the road.
- McDyess is solid.
- Tayshaun played 40 minutes.
- It was nice to watch the Pistons hit their shots from the buzzer.
- The Pistons play Portland tonight and Chauncey Billups still remembers that the Trail Blazers took one from the Pistons earlier this season.
- Take notice of Rasheed’s defense. It has been keeping us in games more often than not. Sheed scored 15, blocked 3 shots, pulled down 4 boards and had 3 steals.
I told you that you would be in good hands while I was gone.