The Pistons blew out the sinking Clippers 98-80 Sunday afternoon. Although the game was played at 3:00, it wasn’t aired anywhere in Michigan until 7:00 for some odd reason. If anyone knows why this happened let me know because it’s one of the stupidest things I’ve ever heard of. I mean it was nice knowing that we already won when i started watching the game, but it just took all the fun out of it. Plus i had my stupid brother calling me all the time telling me sweet things that happened in the game because he was reading the play-by-play.
- Rip was on fire today going 10 for 12, enough said.
- I feel like Mcdyess read my post from the Denver game, coming up big in this game with 17 points, 6 rebounds, two blocked shots and a steal along with going 5-5 from the free throw line.
- The Pistons beat up on them in the paint 48 to 28.
- I don’t know why Maxiell doesn’t dunk those alley-oops he gets rather then just laying them in.
- Chris Webber is looking like our most solid all around player right now.
- Not having Sheed today didn’t even look like a problem.
- Rip nailed his first 8 shots.
- It took the Clippers 6 and a half minutes to score their first point of the 3rd quarter.
- Chauncey is steadily getting his stroke back, that 3 to end the half reminded me a little of the shot against the Nets in the ’04 playoffs to tie the game at the end of regulation.
- Maxiell did pretty good stepping in for Sheed adding 9 points, and 4 blocked shots.
- It’s looking like the Mavs are going to win their 17th straight, i hope they keep it up just so we can end their streak next Sunday.
- The Pistons are the first team in the Eastern Conference to reach 20 road wins.
- Clipps’ coach Mike Dunleavy got ejected for getting two two techs early in the 3rd quarter.
- Whoever said Chris Webber can’t dunk anymore should punch themselves in the face right about now.
- The Clippers got it to within 10 late in the game but the Pistons just light ’em up with a 10-0 run.
- You knew Rip was feeling it when he threw up that prayer with no time left on the shot clock and hit nothing but net.
- Chauncey has had 12 or more assists in two out of the last three games.
- Chris Webbers’ baby hook shots are so pretty.
- I wish Delfino could be more consistent.
- I can’t wait for Lindsey to come back, I’m not too fond of Flip Murray and I’m sure most Detroiters agree with me.
- Natalie should be taking back the site within the next day or two.