The Pistons defeated the Nuggets and started their road trip exactly how they wanted, with a W. The final score ended up being 95-82, which makes Denver 0-21 when they score less then 100 points. Rasheed and Rip both picked up technical fouls, that’s number 16 for Sheed so don’t expect to see him on the bench Sunday against the Clippers. Although they called up Will Blalock today, he was in street clothes for the game.
- Marcus Camby couldn’t handle Chris Webber in the 2nd half.
- It was a tie game at halftime, after that Denver just couldn’t score.
- Even though Melo had 17 points he shot a grimy 28% from the field, with 7 turnovers
- The Pistons were out-rebounded 43-44.
- Chauncey shot a little better from the field but still can’t sink his 3’s if his life depended on it, he went 0-5. All i gotta say is keep shootin Chauncey.
- Melo couldn’t get anything going in the 2nd half. In the 4th quarter he had two straight offensive fouls late in the game when they were only down 6.
- Sheed had a double double again with 17 points, 10 rebounds, 5 assists, 4 steals and a blocked shot.
- When Sheed got his tech late in the 2nd quarter he looked like he was about to tear someone’s head off, all i gotta say is the refs better watch their back around Sheed from now on.
- The Pistons went on a 21-8 run to start the 3rd quarter.
- Flip Murray sighting in the 2nd half, he went 1-3 with 5 points and an assist.
- This was one of Sheeds best all-around game i’ve seen in a while.
- Chris had 20 points shooting 9-11 in the game with 9 rebounds and 3 assists.
- Who would have thought in the beginning of the seasons that AI and C-Webb would be playing against each other instead of side by side on the 76ers.
- The Nuggets only shot 37% for the game.
- The Nuggets got within 6 points at one point in the 4th quarter.
- Tay was the only starter not in double figures, it’s ok though because he was playing some good D on Melo.
- This was the loudest i’ve ever heard Sheed scream at himself during the game.
- I think i heard more people cheering for the Pistons then they did for their hometown team.
- People were definitely screaming “SHEED!!” whenever he touched the ball.
- Mcdyess is going to have to step up Sunday in Sheeds absence.
- I knew Melo and AI couldn’t share the ball.
- Even though Sheed is out next game i expect a W considering all the injuries the Clippers have.