The Pistons finally took one from Indiana, who had won the previous 2 meetings between the two this season. Detroit, who played a an almost flawless first quarter, led by as much as 16 but the Pacers fought back to tie the game at 79 with 5:56 left in the game. The tie was short lived as the Pistons picked up their “D” and controlled the rest of the way for a much needed win at The Palace.
- Webber is making a huge impact on this team.
- Flip Saunders got his 500th career win.
- Chris Webber had 17 points, 13 rebounds, 3 assists and 3 blocked shots in 29 minutes.
- Just 8 turnovers for the Pistons.
- A mad Rasheed is a dominating Rasheed.
- The Pistons shot just 37% from the floor.
- Sheed calling for the ball in the post and making it look easy is like a dream come true.
- Chauncey and Sheed were perfect from the line.
- The bench was horrible except for Dice.
- Sheed was the Player Of The Game, 5 blocked shots, 3 steals, 7 rebounds and 20 points.
- The Air Force 1’s Sheed has been wearing are hot, too bad they aren’t releasing them.
- It got scary at the end again, but they closed this one out.
- Maxiell looks rusty after posting all those DNP’s.
- Tayshaun took just 7 shots.
- I am really tired of Lindsey Hunter taking the ball coast to coast and trowing up a wild layup in traffic.
- Sheed got called for his 13th technical foul, by referee Sean Corbin . Corbin has given Wallace three techs this season. Three more and Wallace will start facing suspensions.
- You have to credit C-Webb and Sheed for this one, they were both clutch down the stretch.
- Sheed and C-Webb combined for 37 points and 20 rebounds. If that keep happening, this team will be unstoppable.
- I swear that when Chauncey’s shots are on, they look like they pause in mid air right before they rip the net. Pay attention next time you watch a game and you will notice it too.
- Webber has taken a ton of pressure off Sheed. It Might be the reason he is playing so much better since his arrival.
- Richard Hamilton shot 303 free throws in 80 regular season games last year. He has shot 271 in 40 games this season. Via The Detroit News
- The Pistons blocked as many shots (five) in the first quarter as the Pacers made.
- How about Sheed’s block early in the first quarter.
- The Pistons bench scored 14 points. 13 of them came from McDyess.
- Troy Murphy and Mike Dunleavy, who both were sporting long hair and “girlie” headbands, either were asked to or cut their hair or they did it on their own once they got traded to The Pacers.
Murphey on the left went the short route. Dunleavy on the other hand is sporting a bit of a mullet. I finally figured out what made me think Dunleavy always looked peculiar. His eyebrows blend into his skin, making it look like he doesn’t have any. I helped him out and added a little bit of flair to go along with his new mullet.
- Nazr and Flip Murray might as well not dress. DNP’s for both of them again.
- Dale Davis played almost 6 minutes.
- Rip led the team with 21 points on 6-for-19 shooting.
- O’neal went to the line 16 times and made 12.
- Much better free throw shooting for the Pistons. 87%
- Rasheed was dominating early, but had to sit because of foul trouble.
- The Big 3 (Wallace, Webber and McDyess) dominated.
- The Pistons interior defense was great.
- It seemed like the bench couldn’t hold their own and relinquished the Pistons lead every time they were on the floor.
- Dice was literally everywhere.
The Palace had a few unusual guests last night, three of Reno’s finest. Lieutenant Jim Dangle, Deputy Travis Junior and Deputy Trudy Wiegel were in Detroit to promote their new movie. Reno 911 is one of my favorite TV shows so I am excited about the Movie. Not many of you know me other than fact that I love the Pistons, but the fact that I love Reno 911 might shed some light into the kind of person I am. Now you know. Anyway, Dangle’s shorts were shorter than ever and he was even sporting a matching NBA headband. If you missed their appearance I have the Video for you right here. And if you haven’t had a chance to watch an episode of Reno 911, your missing out.